1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm currently looking to upgrade my speaker system

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Leroy R, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Leroy R

Leroy R Stunt Coordinator

I'm currently looking to upgrade my speaker system. I'm looking at Klipsch RF-35, RC-35 and RS-35 speakers for a 5.1 to go with my Sony STR-DE945 reciever. I have two 15" subs made buy a company with the initials CAS. I haven't been able to find anything about them on the web. Unfortunately they do not seem to have survived the move from Phoenix,AZ to Austin,TX. I get the power led when I set the off/auto/on switch to on, but no sound comes out and if I set it to auto, they never detect a signal and come on. Anyway I'm debating replacing the plate amps in them or getting an external amp that I can use to power the driver in both subs. The other option I am considering is getting the external amp and using the two drivers to make an IB sub mounted to the rafters in the attic. Does anybody have an IB sub I could listen to? If I can get the above mentioned Klipsch speaker package for under $1500 on the web, is it worth it? I was looking at the Synergy series at Best Buy, but found the reference series online cheaper.