What's new

I'm an SVS owner looking to upgrade...... (1 Viewer)

Scott_E

Stunt Coordinator
At the moment, I have a Samson S700 connected to one CS 20-39. It is not a plus, I have one of the original ones from way back in September of 2001. For now it has proven to work very well in my home theater however after reading Ed's review on the PB2-Plus, I have the itch to upgrade. I was originally going to get a second CS 20-39, however I'm not sure that would satisfy me at this point. Then, I thought about getting Two CS+ 20-39's, however it looks like from Ed's review and many others, that may not even be up to the task of the PB2-Plus. I'm also in a bind as to how much I'd want to sell my original sub and amp for, as I don't know who would buy it over the net and I'm guessing shipping would be a pretty penny. Maybe I could find someone local. Anyway, I had also considered getting two Ultra's with one Samson S1000. Hmmm, so many choices. Any direction or comments?

Scott_E

Stunt Coordinator
I just thought of something else. If I got two cylinder series subs, they more than likely would not be in the same corner. They wouldn't be in opposite corners, they just wouldnt be in the same corner. I know that it would make a difference, probably loose some overall spl, and then the PB2-plus would be more to my liking right?

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
I'm in the same boat as you Scott. I have a Samson S1000 and a single 20-39CS original. I am currently trying to sell mine locally and will be purchasing a PB2+ simply because the house that I am getting built will have a room thats 8000cf and the single 20-39CS will definitely not be enough to play at reference. The house is about 60 days away from completion so I'm going to have to wait since I'm living with my in-laws due to our old house sold too fast and we had nowhere to go until the new house is finished.

What size room do you have? Do you play movies at reference level?

I say if you have the money now go ahead and get the PB2+ and be done with it. Then you'll know that you don't have to worry about bottoming out the sub and can enjoy massive amounts of bass all the time.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
You mentioned that you had considered two CS-Ultras with then newer Samson amp which would run $2099+shipping (according to the SVS website). Had you considered the PB2-Ultra? It's significantly more than the PB2+, but not a whole lot more than dual CS-Ultras. If you went this route I imagine you could put that upgraditis to rest for quite a while.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Let me know when you have decided on the price, I will try to help you sell them locally in DFW area.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Since you already have a 2 ch amp, why not consider dual 20-39 CS+, or a single CS-Ultra..then perhaps get another CS-Ultra later on..then maybe a Crown K1 later on still to replace the Samson?

Lots of choices..especially if you prefer the natively tuned-lower cylinders over the box design.

Ned

Supporting Actor
Why does everyone think the PB2+ is more capable than dual 20-39CS+'s?

2 of the same drivers
CS+ has more porting overall
CS+ has more internal volume
CS+ has same power if using S1000 (900 vs 1000 watts)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks