What's new

I'll Take My Eagles With Cream On HD DVD To Go... (1 Viewer)

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
Having grown up in the real "That '70s Show" totally "Dazed and Confused," ;) I was hungry to get my hands on the first two big concert offerings from Rhino on HD DVD. This weekend I picked up "The Eagles Farewell Tour- Live From Melbourne" and "Cream: Royal Albert Hall." I had previously viewed both on standard DVD and was impressed by both of these live performances. They reminded me of a time when music was performed by true artists and an LP was listenable from the first track to the last. I missed the opportunity to see The Eagles the last time they passed through Phoenix and London was a little far to catch Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce and Eric Clapton's reunion. Well, for all of you that are fans of these two bands and are fortunate enough to own an HD DVD player, these discs are the next best thing. I believe Cream was filmed in HD but I am not sure about The Eagles' concert. Nevertheless, both looked incredible, with every minute detail leaping off the display. You can see the spit flying from Glenn Frey's lips and the sweat beading on Don Henley's brow. Its like sitting on stage watching these performances. Both discs feature both stereo and DTS 5.1 tracks. The DTS track really immerses you in the music making you feel like you were witnessing the concert in person with every instrument and breath of air clearly defined. Truly spectacular. By the way, both these discs feature nice inserts.

Another trip down memory lane is coming from Image next month when they release the terrific, "Heart: Alive In Seattle." I Can't Wait to see how this one looks and sounds on HD DVD.

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
I saw part of the Cream disc last night on Microsoft's HD DVD tour bus. Aaron is so right. The visuals were extraordinary. If you had a friend in the stalls, you would absolutely be able to identify them if they were in a shot. And some of the angles on the band looked as if they could hop out of the screen and sit down next to you.

Gekkou

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Casey M.
Wow. Cream is one of my all-time favourites. I was actually listening to them when I saw this thread. How cool is that?

I would love to get my hands on that.

Miles

Second Unit
Did you have any audio drop-outs w/ the Cream HD-DVD? If so, what kind of hardware are you running?

I had drop-outs with the Toshiba A1 ver 2.0 --> via HDMI --> Denon 2807 receiver

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
Miles, the digital signal is produced via my outdated Pioneer Elite VSX 33TX. My set-up is in need of an upgrade (Did you hear that Santa?). However, I did experience drop outs and skipping until I used a can of compressed air to clear the disc's surface and that seemed to cure the problem. I should probably keep a can handy for use before popping in any disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks