What's new

If your format of choice loses, how upset will you be (1 Viewer)

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
No worries for me. If/when HD DVD tanks, I'll pick up a Blu-ray player. Heck, I'll probably pick one up when the prices drop to a reasonable level.

Dave>h

Second Unit
I would say I am with the majority of people here in saying I would not be too upset if HD DVD were to lose the format war. I have really enjoyed my HD DVD player - quirky as it is - and think its ability to upconvert SD DVD and play CD's is astonishing good for the mony spent.

The 40 or so HD DVD's that I own (more on the way shortly too) I can enjoy for many more years.

What will bother me is supporting Sony! Sorry but I just don't have a lot of respect for the Company, they seem to have lost their way somewhere. Used to be Sony made innovative high quality products - this is going back to the 80's. But in the last 15 years, there quality seems to have dropped off significantly and the innovations have been much less inspired. Yet, they still charge a premium for their products. Personally, I think Samsung is kicking their butt in both quality, value, style and innovation.

I will purchase a blu player if I have too - I do really enjoy the HD content on my HD TV - but it won't be a Sony. I would really love to get some FOX and Disney and Columbia/Sony movies in HD.

Dave

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
I have come to assume HD DVD will now lose this sometime over the next 18 months as thay have seriously dropped the ball on a number of levels.

By Spring I will own a 2nd gen BD player from one of the OEMs and stop buying HD DVDs, an area in which I have already cut back to the point where I only some 'must have' buy new releases that I dont already have on SD (i.e. will pick up Happy Feet in HD).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks