What's new

If you had $1,000 to spend... (1 Viewer)

eddieZEN

Second Unit
> What's the consensus? Are full sized bookshelf speakers much better than the little cube ones?

No contest. Physics is physics.

> But the rears would have to be high (8 feet or so) and might look a bit awkward since they'd be in an area at the back of the room, which also serves as a much used walkway between the kitchen, living room, fireplace area and foyer.

If you are averse to stands, look into wall-mounts.

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages..._series20.html

> Perhaps I could put bookshelves up front and cubes in the rear.

That's a possibility. On the other hand, a small bookshelf like an Ascend HTM-200 or CBM-170 would be pretty easy to wall-mount...just make sure that you angle them downwards towards the listening position.

> But I'm not sure a bookshelf will work as the center speaker since the plasma tv is gonna be wall mounted.

What many people do in that case is, have the center sitting on a low stand beneath the plasma, with the speaker wedged so that it angles up towards your listening position.

> I'd hate to spend eight or nine grand on the entire affair and not have it optimal.

I'd buy that Avia DVD pronto, watch it and see if it still seems like Greek to you, before you commit to a professional installer.

Fishing wire under the carpet is indeed a huge pain in the @ss, though. I gave up after a couple of hours and one big carpet-lump that still hasn't gone away completely 4 months later! :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks