What's new

If You Could Own Anything You Wanted On DVD.. (1 Viewer)

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
phillyrobt said:
Any of the following could be my 5
The whole MTV2 A-Z marathon from January 1-April 10 2000.
Remaining Littlest Hobo episodes
Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr show complete episodes

Any national/regional music videos shows/programs from early 1980s (BET, Video Jukebox, Odyssey network,
The New Show complete
SCTV complete
Commercial/PSA from the 1970s showing a man reaching for a cigarette and him falling down a trapdoor (aired on CBS Channel 10 in Philadelphia_
H.U.D. (2000)
British commercials
Flip Wilson show complete
Room 222 complete
Electric Company (1970s) with lap skit
and Franks Place

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Assume for a moment we live in a perfect world where music licensing costs are flexible and reasonable, deleted scenes are easy to find and restore, antique tape machines in good working condition are plentiful, and 4k scans are the norm for everything shot on film:—54: OutFest cut that showed the originally intended version before Harvey Weinstein subjected it to crippling cuts and reshoots
—Bedknobs and Broomsticks completely complete with "A Step in the Right Direction" in its proper place in some form (I have heard nothing to suggest we are any closer to finding it than we were in 1996, but since this is an "anything you want" thread...)
—more of The Carol Burnett Show, uncut (my definition is different than StarVista's, obviously)
—the rest of The Facts of Life; I'll even buy the reunion!
—Fantasia uncut and uncensored (that's the only way I will ever purchase it again)
—Fernwood 2Night/America 2Night complete
—Filthy Rich
—The Flip Wilson Show complete
—Frank's Place
—the original unaired pilot for Gimme A Break!
—The Golden Girls' live command performance for the Queen Mother in 1988
—The Golden Palace
—Inside Family Ties: PBS making-of special from 1988
—the rest of The Jeffersons
—John Waters' early (pre-Pink Flamingos) short films and features
—Lights, Camera, Annie!: PBS making-of special from 1982; many of the scenes it shows being shot didn't even make the final cut of the film, including the first verse of the song "Easy Street." I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the actual cut scenes, either.
—Monty Python's Flying Circus: uncut; it's been 15 years since the A&E DVDs came out, it's time for a re-do.
—The Muppet Christmas Carol: Uncut and OAR. Just invite Brian Henson to do a director's cut already; I heard there was another cut song that was shot, and one that was only recorded but never shot.
—The Muppet Movie: Slightly longer UK cut that has a longer version of "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along" and extended end credits music.
—The Muppets with the complete version of "Let's Talk About Me" reinstated. The song has no point without the flashback parts that explain Tex Richman's motivation; they're on the soundtrack, the sheet music and the deleted scenes section of the Blu-ray. Without them, he's just another generic "evil businessman."
—The New Mickey Mouse Club: This was the first one to be shot in color, to include Mouseketeers of color (but no adults), and it had new animation of Mickey that was mixed in with live-action footage.
—The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band: Two songs and about 20+ minutes of footage were cut before release without the approval or input of the Sherman Brothers. If the scenes still exist, there's no point in just letting them sit in a box somewhere.
—Pete's Dragon: Slightly longer premiere cut; hopefully they can at least find footage that corresponds to the soundtrack album's extra lyrics to "I Saw a Dragon"
—Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In complete
—SCTV complete and uncut
—Joan Crawford's "special" guest appearance on The Secret Storm
—Song of the South (it almost got an American VHS release in the 1990s and would have gotten the same Masterpiece Collection treatment as the other pre-Roger Rabbit hybrids)
—A Star Is Born (1954): The truly uncut version with all the still photos replaced with actual footage (any progress on this end?)
—WKRP in Cincinnati as it originally aired
—The Wonderful World of Disney: The original 1954-1983 run, uncut, restored with original openings and Walt's intros intact.
—You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown: 1973 NBC-TV/Hallmark Hall of Fame version

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
A full set of Fantastic Features with all local segments intact. It was a Horror Host program with "Sivad" that aired on WHBQ, Memphis from 1962 - 1971. It's where I got my love for old "B" SF/Horror films.

You can see the program opening sequence here (it was filmed in Overton Park, Memphis), and a full list of the films that were aired here.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
BobO'Link said:
A full set of Fantastic Features with all local segments intact. It was a Horror Host program with "Sivad" that aired on WHBQ, Memphis from 1962 - 1971. It's where I got my love for old "B" SF/Horror films.

You can see the program opening sequence here (it was filmed in Overton Park, Memphis), and a full list of the films that were aired here.
I'll have to check that out, Bob. Someone posted a video of Dave Brown doing the weather on WHBQ in 1976 followed by a promo for a Jerry Lawler/Rocky Johnson match. There just doesn't seem to be too much out there of wrestling from the WHBQ days.

cb1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
I"m easy, All I want is Baa Baa Black Sheep. Make it look good and sound good and I'm in.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Re-visiting this thread, thought of something else that would fit the wish list category, partly because it will never occur.

A complete set of all of the films released under the ABC Movie of the Week banner that ran from 1969 to 1976. Of course, some of these have been released individually and (obviously) additional titles will only be released individually. I've kind of lost track of what is and what isn't released.

- Walter.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
My current fantasy list:

1. Make a Wish - Tom Chapin hosted Sunday morning series from the 1970s

2. Battle of the Network Stars (complete with all music and series clips)

3. All the Perry Como Christmas specials

4. A complete run of The Electric Company

5. All unreleased Krofft shows, starting with Electrawoman and Dynagirl, Wonderbug and Dr. Shrinker

6. The Night of 100 Stars specials

7. A collection of episodes from the Chicago "Bozo's Circus" series, preferably from the 1960s and '70s

8. Every season of Room 222 (thanks a lot, Shout Factory)

9. Clue Club

10. Shindig! complete series (I never can get enough of Donna Loren)

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
DaveHof2 said:
My current fantasy list:

1. Make a Wish - Tom Chapin hosted Sunday morning series from the 1970s

2. Battle of the Network Stars (complete with all music and series clips)

3. All the Perry Como Christmas specials

4. A complete run of The Electric Company

5. All unreleased Krofft shows, starting with Electrawoman and Dynagirl, Wonderbug and Dr. Shrinker

6. The Night of 100 Stars specials

7. A collection of episodes from the Chicago "Bozo's Circus" series, preferably from the 1960s and '70s

8. Every season of Room 222 (thanks a lot, Shout Factory)

9. Clue Club

10. Shindig! complete series (I never can get enough of Donna Loren)
I was on an episode of the Chicago "Bozo's Circus" in 1969 as a six-year-old, so I would like to see that as well. I played the Bozo Buckets.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
Off the top of my head:Dragnet 50'sName of the GameThe Bold OnesMiami Vice on blu raySports classics - I used to love boxing. I'd love to have old things like Ali fights on DVD. I know you can watch them on YouTube but I want good quality. Same with NBA & NFL games.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
For tv, big ones that I'd like to see would be all of My Three Sons, Ozzie & Harriet, and Make Room for Daddy on DVD (All uncut and remastered). Lots of smaller scale dreams as well like Green Acres and Petticoat Junction being wrapped up

Also would like to see all of the King Family officially on DVD (A release for a few holiday specials happened a few months back). Can't imagine anyone that likes 60's tv, 60's music, and musical variety shows not wanting stuff like this.

Also would like to have as much of the Jack Benny program as possible.

And I'd would like to see some military documentaries that used to be regularly aired be released like G.I. Diary from Time Life that was produced back in the 70's and narrated by Lloyd Bridges. Haven't seen that since the Discovery Channel dropped it back around 1995 or so. But sadly, other than Victory at Sea or the World at War, there hasn't been a heck of a lot for older tv documentaries about WWII and such.

There are also movies I'd like to see either be released finally, upgraded for Blu-Ray, or just finally see some sort of properly done release after a failed earlier attempt (Like 'The Trouble With Angels' with Hayley Mills, which as I understand it, the DVD is pan and scan which has kept me sticking with my DVD-r version recorded off TCM).

And I'd like to see season releases of old race telecast. I bet a single Blu-Ray disc would hold SD transfers of an entire IndyCar season from the 80's for instance). That one will never happen but I can wish.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
1.) The big box of one-season wonders, headed by T.H.E. CAT - complete series, uncut/unaltered with sponsor tags, restored in hi-def from 35mm --but also including the following, given the same treatment: DECOY, WICHITA TOWN, WORLD OF GIANTS, THE WESTERNER, KLONDIKE/ACAPULCO, BUS STOP, THE DAKOTAS, THE ROGUES, BLUE LIGHT, THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS, THE GREEN HORNET, CAPTAIN NICE, HAWK, CORONET BLUE, HE & SHE, THE SPACE GIANTS, THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCK FINN, THE IMMORTAL, LONGSTREET, DIANA, FANTASTIC JOURNEY, CLIFFHANGERS!, NO SOAP RADIO, Q.E.D., TERRIERS, etc.

2.) The big anthology box, including every episode ever made, in pristine form of: KRAFT TELEVISION THEATER, STARRING BORIS KARLOFF, THE WEB, LIGHTS OUT, SUSPENSE, SCHLITZ PLAYHOUSE, THE U.S. STEEL HOUR, TALES OF TOMORROW, OUT THERE, FOUR STAR PLAYHOUSE, G.E. THEATER, DARK ADVENTURE, SCIENCE FICTION THEATER, ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS, PLAYHOUSE 90, SUSPICION, PANIC, DESILU PLAYHOUSE, ONE STEP BEYOND, WAY OUT, GREAT GHOST TALES, G.E. TRUE, THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR, CRISIS/SUSPENSE THEATER, OUT OF THE UNKNOWN, JOURNEY TO THE UNKNOWN, QUINN MARTIN'S TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED, DARKROOM, AMAZING STORIES, etc.

3.) AMOS & ANDY - complete and pristine

4.) PASSWORD - every daytime and evening episode of the 1960s version, in pristine form.

5.) Every show in my collection that has been messed-up or noticeably compromised in some way, either by substandard materials, edited prints, music replacement, DVD-18s, MOD, getting stalled/abandoned or similar mischief, restored to pristine and night-of-broadcast condition, particularly WKRP IN CINCINNATI, SCTV, M SQUAD, SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE, ROUTE 66, JONNY QUEST, LOST IN SPACE, KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER, etc.

Other stuff:

Every TOAST OF THE TOWN / ED SULLIVAN SHOW, in order.

THE JACK BENNY PROGRAM - complete

DRAGNET (1950s) - complete

A full week's worth of programming (from every channel in my local area, including everything: series, news, local affairs, promos, commercials, movies, station sign-on/sign-off), four per year (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter), for every year from 1968 (my birth year) to 1984.

Every commerical, promo and PSA I ever saw, 1968-1982, and every funny/cool commercial, PSA and promo I ever saw, 1983-present.

THE INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF ANIMATION - PBS series hosted by Jean Marsh, complete

THE CBS CHILDREN'S FILM FESTIVAL - complete

THAT'S HOLLYWOOD - complete

RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT! - hosted by Jack Palance, complete

USA's NIGHT FLIGHT - complete

COMMANDER USA's GROOVIE MOVIES - complete

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE: Season 10

BATTLEBOTS - every episode aired by Comedy Central

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Peter, Hope you get most of your list. I really think there is a a market for one season or long lost anthology shows. But things seen to be moving at a snail's pace. The current programming, regular and children's has lost something. Wish me-tv would show tv series that haven't been rerun several times or already available on DVD.James

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I found out something about Tombstone Territory and The Texan from Timeless, some of the episodes have product placements in the closing credits. On TT, the complete series, you'll find Lipton Tea and Lipton Soup Mixes, and The Texan has Viceroy cigarettes, Handy Andy and Praise, and Lectric Shave. You get it , a bit of night-of broadcast from classic 50s TV!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Shatner's Grim Reaper said:
Let's see...this has probably been mentioned b4....but season 4 for Deadwood and season 3 for Twin Peaks. :)
I'd like to have seen some kind of wrap up to Deadwood (though it's not like it ended in a cliffhanger) but I've come to find it fitting that Twin Peaks ended in a mystery that will never be solved. Of course if Mark Frost and/or David Lynch write some kind of wrap up or new TP episodes, I'll be counting the days until I can see it.

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
My Ultimate Dream List would be:

The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour/Sonny Comedy Revue/Cher/Sonny & Cher Show (1971-77) -all complete and uncut and include sketches and songs that were taped but never made it to air as bonus features.

The Pruitt's Of Southampton

The Paul Lynde Show

Gloria

Oh Madeline

Harper Valley (PTA)

Shirley

Peaceable Kingdom

Carol Burnett Show (entire series complete and uncut)

Addams Family Funhouse (pilot)

Secrets Of Midland Heights

Kings Crossing

Flamingo Road

Snavely - with Harvey Korman , Betty White

Denny's Sho (1978)

All That Glitters

Tab Hunter Show

Life With Lucy

Golden Palace

Living With Fran

Maybe It's Me