1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

If I return my Panasonic S35 - What should I get?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Mark_H, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Mark_H

Mark_H Well-Known Member

Currently have the Panasonic S35 but I'm reading that older models like the RP62 and RP82 have better picture quality??

I bought the S35 because it was Progressive, MP3's, DVD-R, JPEG, Zoom and was cheap.

I "do" want a single player thats Progressive, does MP3's and recordable DVD's. I thought the JPEG feature would be nice but its too slow to be very usable and the Zoom was purchase mainly for my 4:3 TV.

Now I have a Wide Screen so I don't know if I would use zoom with my new HDTV anyway.

Should I return the S35 and look for a used or clearance RP62 or RP82?

Any ideas on where to look?

Thanks.

2. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Well-Known Member

Yes return the S35, it has terrible quality and artifacts. Look for a Faroudja-based DVD player if you want good progressive quality. I got a used top-rated Panasonic XP30 on EBAY and its the best I've seen and I tested a bunch of them.

3. matt-f

matt-f Well-Known Member

Actually I just ordeded myself another RP-82 (region free). Now I have two of them! yeh!!

4. Mark_H

Mark_H Well-Known Member

matt-f

Where did you get your RP82?

Also what is the difference between the RP62 and RP82?

Thanks.

5. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Well-Known Member

The RP62 was a cheaper model with fewer features than the RP82. The RP62 has a cheaper motor assembly that many report fails after only 7-8 months of use, the RP82 is more reliable. The RP62 also has the color flicker bug.

6. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, I bought an S55S for the DVD-Audio capabilities to replace my Toshiba SD-2815 5 Disc changer, needless to say even my wife complains about the quality difference in the 2 I'm going back to my Toshiba but unfortunately its too late to return my Panasonic by about 2 weeks. So I guess I'm stuck with it unless I can find someone to pawn it off on for about 80 bux.

Jeremy

7. matt-f

matt-f Well-Known Member

deleted