What's new

If I could convince you to buy a Blu-ray blindly.... (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
TonyD said:
About an hour in the movie and really like it so far.Unfortunately this Lionsgate disc has the pop up on pause menu that stays on the screen.Very annoying.
I paused the disc a couple of times last night and had a clean screen. I was more annoyed by the forced trailers when I loaded the disc.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Hm, well the pop up on pause does disappear after a few seconds.The movie is great. 4/5 stars

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So here's the deal I got on Mud at Best Buy this afternoon. Unfortunately, I realized it could have been a bit better...but I forgot.

The shelf price was $17.99. I got $5 off with their Upgrade & Save program and then used the $3 coupon from coupons.com. $9.99!

BB Receipt 2.jpg

I forgot I could have pricematched the Target advertised price of $16.99 which would have dropped the price another dollar to $8.99.

Since my sales clerk was new, she had to have a manager come over to show her how to accept the manufacturer's coupon. He was glad to accept it along with the Upgrade and Save coupon.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Michael Elliott said:
I saw this when it was in theaters and it's very good, although TAKE SHETLER was even better but got a lot less attention. There have been quite a few very good to great movies this year but no one's talking about them and they're pretty much being pushed aside for the films that people really want. MUD is, I think, the most successful film of its type at the box office this year but it still couldn't bring in as much as some really bad Witherspoon movies have made in their opening weekend.
Take Shelter is still woefully underseen and underappreciated Michael. Superb storytelling, superbly realized...

nealg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neal
Mike Frezon said:
I forgot I could have pricematched the Target advertised price of $16.99 which would have dropped the price another dollar to $8.99.
No, you got the best deal (the one I plan to do). Best Buy will not price match AND "Upgrade and Save."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
nealg said:
No, you got the best deal (the one I plan to do). Best Buy will not price match AND "Upgrade and Save."
Thanks, Neal. I got a separate confirmation over in this week's RoundUp.

Don't wait. I got the last copy of Mud in my local BB today. And it wasn't in the new releases endcap...it was tucked away all by itself in the drama section.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
schan1269 said:
My Amazon copy, FedEx(smartpost) mis-routed it. Sitting in Saginaw till corrected...
Michigan seems like a dream to me now
It took me four days to hitchhike from Saginaw...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
nealg said:
I confirm that. Still a good deal. I think I got the last copy too, at least in the new release rack.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Scott Merryfield said:
You beat me to that one, Mike. :)

Anyone want to sing something from the Bay City Rollers? It's just north of Saginaw. ;)
I want to sang "We gotta get out of this place".

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
At least something did...ha.

Amazon sent me a refund as the package became "lost and undeliverable"...

Apparently somebody has Mapquest skills and realizes how far apart the cities are.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I finally got around to viewing this BD today. A very good film indeed. Loved the coming of age stuff and the coming end for one way of life. The performances were excellent and the writing was spot on. Another film I have to revisit with the audio commentary. I was never a fan of Reese Witherspoon so this was one of the rare films I enjoyed her in.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Crawdaddy,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I am particularly happy that you enjoyed this film.

Proud to have this in my collection.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Mine, supposedly, will finally hit the mailbox later today. Redux of FedEx SmartPost...only this time they didn't miss my town by 400 miles...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Here's wishing you delivery today and a satisfied viewing.

Will be awaiting to hear your comments, Sam.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks