What's new

If anyone cares ... Deep Discount sale is on through June 20 (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

Looks like they jumped up the price on the "Terminator Salvation" Blu-ray by about $10. It's now at $17.24 with coupon.

I think one of the best deals I saw was on The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones, Volumes 1-3. Only $28.58 each after coupon savings. I've never seen them for less than $59.99 in stores, and Amazon is $47.49 each.

Thanks for the heads up on Indy Malcolm. I was missing V3 and wasn't ready to spend the $50 at Amazon to buy. Was willing to take the plunge for $28 though!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
And not everything is on sale. I was thinking of getting the Doctor Who The Specials DVD and saw that it was not marked on sale. In face it seems most (if not all) Doctor Who DVDs are excluded. The Amazon price is better than DD, but still not all that great.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malcolm R

I think one of the best deals I saw was on The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones, Volumes 1-3. Only $28.58 each after coupon savings.
Right now, they are $38.10 with no 25% marker by them. So either they changed things or I am getting confused about this sale.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FYI, the sale is supposed to still be going through today, there are banners all over the place, but they have removed the sale price from the individual titles. It should still show up once you enter a valid code.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Not sure what their new(?) trend is now, but looks like they've started their (formerly) semi-annual 20%-off sale early again -- and just like the last time, eligible titles are restricted to a sizeable, but still limited, selection, so it's definitely YMMV on whether there's any good deals of interest to you.

For myself, I ended up ordering the BDs of Layer Cake (~$9) and Inside Man (~$8).

_Man_

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I looked through several titles and, like recently, found very few deals. There were some mildly interesting sub $10 Blu-Ray titles, but most of them had such high regular prices that the 20% still didn't get them to the regular prices from several other sellers.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, I thought they had better deals in the Labor Day weekend BOGO sale -- though I'm still waiting for a few titles to be shipped from that sale.

Since they don't even mention this as their semi-annual sale and have gone to a limited selection for it now (and it's following 2 recent BOGO sales, which seems unusual for them), maybe they're indeed switching gears some on their business model and these various sales. Certainly, it makes more sense for them to run this sale well ahead of the BF shopping season (unlike the last couple years) to avoid having to compete against all the crazy BF sales.

_Man_

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, in fact I picked up 6 BRs last week, and I swear some of the prices before the discount then were lower then they are now before the 20% off.

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
I'm still waiting for 5 Blu-rays from the last sale and 4 of them are free ones. It's amazing they can't get these in stock. I will not order from them again and I have bought from them for years.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I ordered a popular CD from them a couple weeks ago, still not back in stock. DeepDiscount used to be a good alternative to Amazon when you couldn't reach Amazon's $25 threshold for free shipping. But they're so slow now.

Still, I don't blame them directly. Companies can't afford to have inventory on hand anymore.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

I don't think a lot of SACDs fall into the big sale...but some definitely do. I noticed, for instance, Mahler's 3rd Symphony (Zander) and some others...but not the ones I was most interested in.

I ordered the Mahler 3rd Zander SACD several months ago and it never shipped. The crappy thing is, they just sent me an email in the last week saying the disc was no longer available and they were canceling the order. I guess they didn't bother to take it off the site.

EDIT: Oops, I wasn't paying attention and didn't notice you posted that back in June.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by Will_B

I ordered a popular CD from them a couple weeks ago, still not back in stock. DeepDiscount used to be a good alternative to Amazon when you couldn't reach Amazon's $25 threshold for free shipping. But they're so slow now.

Still, I don't blame them directly. Companies can't afford to have inventory on hand anymore.

Companies also cannot afford to lose customers because they can't manage to ship product, sometimes for weeks, that's readily available elsewhere. I stopped buying from DD after their last sale for that very reason. For me the frustration just isn't worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks