What's new

Identifying DVDs you've watched and those you haven't (1 Viewer)

Jodee

Screenwriter
If it's watched I file it with the rest of my DVDs. I have a room upstairs I use to house my DVD library.

The unwatched ones are in piles near my HT set-up. Of course, you know it's bad when you have so many unwatched ones, you need to purchase a separate rack!

I also maintain a database spreadsheet. I boldtype all the unwatched titles. After I watch them I un-bold them.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
ReaderWare has a Viewed switch. I use it mostly so that guests will choose something I haven't seen. You can sort based on it -- very handy.

Ted

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I rarely get more than 2 or 3 DVD's at at time, so I hardly ever have a backlog of unwatched DVD's. I only have a handful of must-watch TV shows (off the top of my head, "Simpsons", "Futurama", "Six Feet Under", "SNL", Crank Yankers" and "South Park") so that only adds up to 4.5 hours (on the rare week when "Futurama" is aired and there are no other reruns) of TV a week. Any time I'm in front of the TV and not watching one of those shows I'm watching any un-watched DVD content. I think the most I've ever been backlogged with DVD's was after Christmas, when I had to make my way through the 007 boxset, South Park:BLU, Stand By Me SE, Gremlins SE and Minority Report. I had them all stacked on top of my entertainment center, waiting to be watched. Normally, I'll just have my newest DVD's there waiting to be watched, and since I don't buy many at a time it doesn't pose a space issue.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
I put my unwatched DVDs on the shelf in its right place together with the rest, but to identify them as unwatched I push them about an inch further in on the shelf.

However, for all I know, with 750 unwatched DVDs this system might not work for you. It's time for you to watch some more DVDs!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I have shelves on my wall that are deep enough to fit the "unwatched" DVD's in front of the "already viewed" DVD's. Sure, it hides the ones I've already seen, but it saves a lot of space and I don't get distracted when searching for a new movie to watch...they're right there in front of me.

Maybe, when my new DVD rack comes in, I'll have to set up an area on my shelf where I store the unwatched DVD's, but for now my method works pretty well.

This also helps me out because I used to lump all my DVD's together and I never realized how many were unwatched until I did a quick survey. Now I can immediately see how many I have left to watch before the new batch of DVD's arrive from Amazon.com :D

Ronn.W

Second Unit
My system for keeping track of DVDs watched and unwatched is deceptively simple. I keep the ones I've already watched on the DVD shelf. I keep the ones I haven't watched at the store.

I say deceptively, because as it turns out the store also has DVDs I've watched.

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
I open all my dvd's when I get them, but I leave the title sticker on the top of the case, until I watch the dvd. I just slice through it to check the disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks