1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas to upgrade my system?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Huw Williams, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Huw Williams

Huw Williams Active Member

My first post in a LONG time

My current system has served me well for a few years now and I still think it performs well but I think it could be better

-------------------------------------------------------------

Currrent System:

Philips 28PW6305 28" Widescreen
    Yamaha DSP-A5
    Pioneer DV-717 DVD player
    Pioneer CLD-2950 Laserdisc
    Aiwa FX2800 VCR (rarely used though!)
    Front Speakers: Tannoy M2.5 Speakers on sand filled Atacama SE24 stands on concrete slabs.
    Centre Speaker: Tannoy MXC
    Rear Speakers: Tannoy M1 on Atacama Nexus 10 stands
    Paradigm PDR-10 Subwoofer on a concrete slab
    Equipment mounted on a Sound-organisation Z-560 rack

All speakers are wired with Cable Talk 3.1 speaker cable. Subwoofer is wired with a custom QED QNEX 2 cable. The DVD player uses a QED Sqart cable.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas on how to upgrade the system? I'm thinking about getting a pair of Tannoy MX4 speakers for the front and moving the M2.5 speakers to the rear. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

2. Owen Bartley

Owen Bartley Well-Known Member

If you're going to have an extra set of speakers lying around after that purchase, I would say the next logical step would be to pick up a 7.1 ch. reciever. I'm not too familiar with Yammies, but there must be one similar to yours with a few more channels of amplification. Then again it depends on if that would work in your room setup or not.