What's new

I would love to see "Way Out" (1961 TV series) on DVD (1 Viewer)

JeffT.

Deceased Member
This discussion thread has a "life" all-of-its-own which is a good sign!
I discovered that WAY OUT! online petition weblink earlier this past week and couldn't access to it myself as it appears to be down.
A (quality) DVD release of ROALD DAHL'S WAY OUT! (CBS 1961) will be a tremendous undertaking to be sure but certainly an exciting and rewarding one. If the actual source elements could be secured and utilized restoring the "live" performance look as originally telecast in primetime television this would be absolutely fantastic.
A good contender for this all-important challenge would be the redoubtable Image Entertainment (ie. THE VEIL, THE TWILIGHT ZONE, BORIS KARLOFF'S THRILLER et al).
It is unfortunate that some vintage television shows will be lost to posterity but on occasion the unlikely, even the impossible, has happened nonetheless despite (seeming) overwhelming odds. Hopefully this will prove to be another instance of triumphant success for all concerned.
Jeff T.
:D

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
PatrickGoodluck said:
I'm having trouble getting connected to the petition link. Anyone else having the same problem?
Thanks Dennis for the link to the Roald Dahl fan site (no probs with this link). I misplaced that article from Filmfax so it was great to see it again.
Unfortunately I can't get to the Paley Center as I would love to see the rest of the series (other than the 5 episodes already mentioned in post #42). Would particularly be interested to see the Barry Morse episode "Soft Focus".
Can't link either. I tried www.petitionbureau.org by itself, and that didn't work either.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
In the interest of completion, I've found this earlier thread about 'WAY OUT, which I'm bumping to make it more readily accessible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks