What's new

I will be attending the 2006 Mitsubishi Line Show on April 7th.... (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Is their anything in particualr that anyone wants to know about their new 2006 models? Features, specs, pictures, etc? Any questions you want asked? If so post them here and I will respond with the requested info when I return.

Thanks!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Adam,

Please tell us what models, if any, will have 1080p native input capabilities. And, of course, all other specs and most importantly - how the pictures look that they produce.

Sorry I couldn't join you out there but I'm glad that you were able to represent the forum.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

I look forward to your observations (no pun intended).

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
As the owner of a Mits 62725 I would like know from them what the major differences (other than the obvious 1080p resolution) there is between the newer models compared to last years models.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
A "how to guide" on adjusting the CMS menus would be quite cool too.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I just got back home....Had to spend a few extra days in Disneyland. I will post additional info later tomorrow (4/12). The good news is all their 1080P DLPs will have the ability to display 1080P over HDMI. Additionally most models will have a 6 segment, 6 color color wheel. They also showed a prototype of their laser DLP set due out by Christmas of 2007. Instead of a bulb and color wheel it has red, blue and green lasers that shine on the DLP chip. This gives them a much brighter picture than using LEDs and has a ton of advantages over using a bulb and color wheel. They estimate that a 63ish size model will only be 10 inches deep. I'll post more info about all of this and a few pictures in the next day or so. Gregg I'll see about getting some info for you.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Adam:

Interesting. How did the laser model look image-wise? You would think with a setup like that that you would have a very long lasting light source. Sort of like a CRT and the electron beam hitting the surface of the shadow mask.

Parker

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Found this earlier today:

http://blog.ultimateavmag.com/michaelfremer/

Apparently the laser set still needs some work, but there's some interesting news on the dlp front--all Mits dlps are to be 1080p, will accept 1080p over HDMI, will no longer drop half of incoming 1080i, and they're adding screen sizes (finally something in between 52 and 62") as well as dropping prices.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
so one should probably not buy a new mits just yet?

when are these new sets expected to be available?

oh, so any set now on the shelf is not 1080p?
i'm confused by this.
when i go to tv manufacturer's site, for example mits, i see,
"WD-73727 : 73"
1080p DLP™ HDTV"

i guess i'm responding to robert's question and other things i've read at various forums like avs and here.

robert's question was, "if any, will have 1080p native input capabilities. "

i'm seriously thinking about selling my mits 73713 and upgrading to a newer set, but i'm not sure what going on right now with all the 1080p talk and hdmi 1.3, hi def dvd and so on.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Tony:

I am like you. I would like to sell my 62725 for one of the 1080p sets but would also like to wait and see what is what with the way their picture quality is, if they have more than 1 HDMI inputs, if they will handle 1080p over HDMI, etc.

I am going to CEDIA this year so it will be interesting to see what is what in the way of RPTV sets that handle 1080p, have the new laser light engines, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks