What's new

I want to ask a girl out, but I don't know her...yet (1 Viewer)

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
I'm normally pretty reserved in non-social situations such as Lars' but recently I chatted up a girl on the train on the way to work (it was v. crowded and I cracked some jokes about the patheticness of the CTA). I didn't get her # the first time and was kicking myself afterwards but saw her the next day on the way home. I got her # and we went out for coffee a few days later.
Granted, it didn't amount to anything and I haven't seen her since on the train (?) but the moral is, no guts, no glory. If you see her again w/ the dog, ask her about it and then just say "Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to get coffee sometime" (in Danih, of course). It's been my experience that unless a woman is a total b-i-t-c-h, finds you utterly repulsive or has a boyfriend, they'll at least agree to go out for a drink. Go for it !
And I have a question: what do they call a "danish" in Denmark ?

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
"Hi, I saw you the other day so I asked this big group of 20,000 people online if I should talk to you and they said yes,..."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Hilarious!
Lars: Bump into her again. Tell her she has a beautiful dog and ask if you can pet him (her). Ask her what the dog's name is. If you can arrange to bump into her while walking/riding in her direction, that's the best way to go: You'll get more time to talk to her, and won't be holding her up. After you pet her dog, stick your hand out and introduce yourself: "I'm Lars." She'll tell you her name. Repeat it, so she knows you listened to her, compliment her, then ask a question about her. "Miranda. That's a beautiful name. I've only seen you once before, are you new in town?" You said it's not a very big town, so this one works. If not, insert something else. Just make sure the question directly relates to her. You've already asked about her dog, so now you need to ask about her. Preferably, you'll be heading in the same direction so you can walk along with her for a minute or two and ask a few more questions. If she seems interested, she'll respond and/or ask you questions as well. Then you can go with, "I'm going to grab an ice cream cone at the stand over there. Would you like to join me?" (Make sure you have your wallet
biggrin.gif
)
Or, after you've had a casual conversation with her, try: "There is a great Chinese restaurant downtown. If you're free tonight, I'd really love to take you to dinner."
Personally, I wish I'd known all of this when I was single. It's taken me 4+ years of marriage to learn how to talk to women. I was a blubbering idiot around attractive women; how I landed my wife, I'll never understand.
Anyway, good luck!! Let us know how it turns out...
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Ok, I admit it: I set you up the bomb.

Lars Larsen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lars Larsen
Thanks again for your feedback, guys. I've been really hung up at work lately, so I haven't had time to try out your openings yet, but I will for sure! I'm pretty confident this is going to work!
And I have a question: what do they call a "danish" in Denmark ?
If you must know, it's not called "danish" or 'dansk', but 'basse' or 'wiener-brød' which directly translates to 'bread from Vienna'!
- Lars from Mars

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Let see, your 25 and no girl friend? What ever you do don't be yourself, It has not worked as of yet!
wink.gif

Humor, humor almost always breaks the ice. Crash your bike into the curb as you go by, Or somthing eles that will get a laugh.
Wes

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Crash your bike into the curb as you go by, Or somthing eles that will get a laugh.
I dont think you'd wanna use this humor... You want humor where she laughs at your jokes, not humor where she's pointing and laughing at YOU... :)
Anyways, so how did it turn out???
------------------

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
"Hey babe, you know what would look good on you? Me!..."
wink.gif

btw, DO NOT make the comparison between her dog's color and her hair!!! Are you kidding???!!!!!
--
Holadem

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Weirdly a search for something else found this post. Ok, it was a somewhat related search, but anyways....this thread is old enough that replying here is like resurrecting the dead, but what the heck.

So Lars, what ever happened, if anything?

If nothing really much happened, do you or anyone else have any "first" meeting adventures on the go? Perhaps we could start a new thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks