What's new

I want "Married with Children" on DVD! (1 Viewer)

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
My wife thinks I'm nuts (she hates this show), but I'd love to see this sitcom brought out on DVD. I think it's hilarious and I'd love to own at least a good percentage of the many seasons this show was on the air! Some of the episodes were priceless - politically incorrect humor you just don't see as much of anymore!
Anyone else feel this way or am I voted off the island on this one?
Dare I ask...has anyone heard anything about a possible release??? My videotapes are wearing out fast...
------------------
Scott

Bjoern Roy

Second Unit
Here, here!
I want this so bad. My best friend and I are totally nuts about this show. I have all episodes on VHS and mine wear out really fast, too
frown.gif

Neat coincidence, I am sitting in a blue original 'Polk High 33' shirt here right now
biggrin.gif

Who has the rights to release them? Where do we have to beg for them?
Pleeeeease? And don't even think about 'Best Of' bullshit
wink.gif

------------------
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" (Bullet Tooth Tony in 'Snatch')
My HT in action (Screenshot Page) | My Ultimate 'Edge Enhancement' Guide | My DVD/LD SPL page

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Great show, I really want it on DVD, for now I'm stuck with the reruns that FX shows. Hopefully one day this and many other shows will get on DVD.
------------------
-Keith-

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I second the vote for season-by-season box sets - and let's not forget some of the "special episodes" like "It's a Bundyful Life", as well as the other Christmas special. These could be the "extras" for these sets.
Bjoern, you should manufacture and sell Polk High "33" football shirts - I'd certainly buy one.
It's nice to be able to watch the show on FX and on videotape, but a DVD edition, season-by-season, would be pretty sweet.
Maybe we should put a petition together and send it to Fox - there have to be plenty of other "No Ma'am" fans out there who would support this effort!
------------------
Scott

Scott W.

Second Unit
I'd love it! It has to be seaason by season though. Best of packages just wouldnt do it. This series is hilarious.
Scott

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Columbia/Tri-Star owns the rights to the show.
I hope we get DVDs of this show soon, I know I'd buy season boxsets.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Yes! Season-by-season box sets are definitely the way to go. I'd buy these in a heartbeat. Please, whoever owns this, release them!
------------------
Horror AND non-horror fans unite!
jasvparbanner2.jpg

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
If anyone's interested, EE Bell (Bob Rooney) sells No Maam tshirts on his website. Do a search on yahoo for his name, and itll direct you to it. A cool bonus for a dvd set would be the banned episode where peg and al get taped doing it at a hotel. Ive got a 30th generation copy of the tape though.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I second all these motions for Married With Children on DVD!! I love this show -- even got to attend a live taping of it (my "Whoo-whoo-whoo-whoo-whoo!" can be heard on the episode where Bud attempts to get closer to Amber by being nicer to Kelly by helping her out with an archery contest). My uncle was so lucky. The first time he attended a live taping of MWC he got to meet the entire main cast! At least that time he got me autographs, though. I didn't get to meet the cast the time I went. Oh, well.
frown.gif

Would there be any chance that FOX could acquire the rights for the show and release it on DVD? Peter? Could you please inform us whether or not if this would be at all possible? I hope we can get this thread to 100! The studio feedback area has not been very successful in getting more than 20 posts for MWC.
------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

David Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
Here's another vote/desparate plea for Married With Children on DVD. I watch the show religiously, live or recorded with my PVR501, and it would be nice if I could use more of that hard disk space for something other than South Park and Married With Children. :)
"Kiss the cook, kill the wife" - Al's apron at family BBQ :)

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I don't know that I would have time to make it thru 400 episodes but the one where Bud got busted 'having sex' in the library is a must even if I had to buy it in a season box....

Bjoern Roy

Second Unit
I also have a No'Maam t-shirt. I wear it whenever i am in the HT with the guys only and we watch non-chick stuff like 'American Psycho'.
cool.gif
My wife doesn't bother, better yet, it was her who got me the 2 t-shirts in the first place! How's that?
icon14.gif

------------------
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" (Bullet Tooth Tony in 'Snatch')
My HT in action (Screenshot Page) | My Ultimate 'Edge Enhancement' Guide | My DVD/LD SPL page

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The final episode count for the show is 262 (!) episodes.
Let's hope when the series comes out to DVD, we get 10 episodes a disc. :)
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Matt, are you sure that's 262? I could've sworn the final episode was 257.
Regardless, I would definitely pick up the first 7-8 seasons of this show and would consider the rest depending on the price/value of them, as the last few seasons were hit-and-miss IMO but the first 7 or 8 were classic. If Columbia would release this, The Critic, and NewsRadio in season sets, I would be happy.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks