1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

I too came for one thread, but found an excellent forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Flatnate, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Flatnate

Flatnate Auditioning

Hey everyone! I came to the site following a link to the Robert Harris Lawrence of Arabia thread and found myself absolutely captivated by his breakdown of the restoration efforts efforts on the film. It didn't take much more digging around to realize we have some amazing insiders and a wealth of knowledge on the site and that I should set up a profile
    Anyway, I'm just your regular Joe six pack but its my hope that I can still contribute something positive here and not just lurk. Some of my interests lie in older large screen formats and the history surrounding formats like Todd-AO, Cinerama, and Super Panavision 70. Also very interested in where the large format cinema technology with stuff like laser projection and 4k and beyond is headed
    I'm also kinda a DIY home theater nut. My personal objective has always been to find equipment with picture and sound that most closely represents the directors vision for your dollar. So I've spent a good bit of time trying to find gear that reaches something that can be considered reference level without breaking the bank. Always happy to throw my .02 cents in to help someone with an equipment question.
    Oh and Robber Harris if your reading this one, thanks for your amazing contributions. Great insight and a great read over there. :cool:

2. Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton Ambassador

Jason Charlton
    Welcome! We're happy you've joined the group.

3. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    I'm at the top end of the J6P scale, it's all about bang for the buck for me, and they haven't tossed me out yet =p Welcome!

4. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?

Tony D.
    Yet.
    :P

5. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Welcome, Nate! (OK, all the ambassadors are here...time for the owners to show up!)

6. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Well, maybe...but first a moderator!

Welcome, Nate! http://www.hometheaterforum.com/image/id/879289/width/55/height/36

Most of us at the HTF share your determination to get the best Home Theater experience possible. But everyone's got different ideas about how to go about that (which makes the discussions here mighty interesting!) and there's that bugaboo about how to try and realize that "best experience possible" on our personal budgets. And that becomes a common thread woven throughout the different discussions here.

7. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Well can you imagine if my HTF enthusiasm were turned on them like a spurned ex-lover? Nobody wants to see THAT level of nuttery!