What's new

I think I made my decision! (1 Viewer)

KevinBaune

Auditioning
Ok I think I am going to buy the v-12f speaker from Cerwin Vega. Found if for $350 for a pair with shipping included on etronics. If anybody has heard this speaker please let me know your opinions on it. Thanks!!

CraigC

Auditioning
I see no one has replied so let me be the first to say I honestly love this particular speaker. I finally replaced my old school technics and these where the speakers that took there place. The bass they can produce is great for music and does great for movies as well. I think you will be very happy with your choice. I do not use a subwoofer for my 5.1/6.1 setup, and with these speakers... have no complaints, sounds great. Enjoy!

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

I will second this w/personal experience. I even reviewed them (fairly!) on Resellerratings.com.

Watch out. They won't outright rip you off, but their customer service STINKS and God help you if they don't have "Item X" in stock. They'll charge your card for it and you'll wait and wait. Even if you call and CANCEL the order, get a cancellation number and everything, they will STILL ship the item to you, charge you for it and then give you a hassle about the RMA process.

Thats' what happened to me. And it was only a $50 item, but that is not the point. YMMV though. Oh, they DID package the item really well. :)

I don't know what people have against cerwin vega speakers, their good for what some people need, others prefer paradigm but to each his own. I'm not sure about etronics customer service but my purchase from them went pretty great just as well as buying it from a regular store. And their prices are pretty good too.

David Devaux

Agent

Funny, I have ordered several things from them in the past and never had the slightest problem. I guess I was lucky, but for the prices they have I am going to continue with them until I have a problem. I just got a pair of JBL e-80's (retail $750 at BB) for $400, shipped. They were at my door in 4 days, would've been three but DHL requires someone home to sign for them...which I guess is a good thing.

I am also going to buy the JBL EC-35 and E-250 sub next week. We'll see if I have any problems.

I also just checked price grabber and out of 1342 reviews they get 4 stars ... so they're not that bad.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_g...w.php/retid=37

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a set of JBL Studio speakers from ETronics and I thought their customer service was very good.

Greg

David Devaux

Agent

Much smaller sample size though as compared to Pricegrabber (only 167). Out of curiosity I did a search on other retailers at Reseller Ratings:

Circuit City: 3.36
Best buy: 2.21
Crutchfield: 9.82
Tiger Direct: 7.42
New Egg: 9.72
Amazon: 7.11

So Etronics may not get the ratings Crutchfield does, but take a look at the prices on etronics vs crutchfield. If I can get almost half off, it's worth it. If anything ever does go wrong I simply call my Credit card and have the transaction removed.

I tend to highly doubt Circuit City or Best Buy are nearly as bad as it appears. While I am not a big fan of either store, this just looks to be the work of bashers. If either were that bad there is no way they could remain in business. So take all these reviews with a grain of salt.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
From an old marketing class I took in college: a happy customer tells one person, an unhappy customer tells twelve people. Ratings are good info but maybe not to acurate. However, if someone takes the time to complain they usually have good reason. But over 9.5 for Crutchfield and New Egg(?), that's pretty impressive compared to the others.

qualen

Agent
What happened to Cerwin Vega? Seemed like while growing up they were popular, but they get zero love around here.

MikeNg

Second Unit
CV's are great if you want to just pump out the tunes and rock the house. There are better options when you want to actually sit and listen. Soundstage on some of their products are not quite there, but that's not what they were created for...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Well...if the OP is still waiting his decision (three years later) until he gets enough opinions...that'll be really helpful! ;)

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks