What's new

I talked to Josh at Warner Bros. today! Cats & Dogs will be available in Widescreen! (1 Viewer)

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
Ben,
That is completely beside the point. The issue is not whether or not we can get a "better version" of Cats and Dogs. The issue is getting it in widescreen. It wouldn't even matter if it were Pokemon 3 (which, BTW, is still only in pan and scan). Films on DVD should be in their original aspect ratio, regardless of the film's quality (or, at least, regardless of certain peoples' opinions).

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I think Ben's point is that, after all this effort, do any of you intend to buy this disc? I mean, if Warner Bros. does the right thing here, will it be reflected in disc sales?
I, for one, couldn't care less about this movie. I understand that there's an underlying principle involved, our commitment to OAR, but I tend to save my breath for those things truly deserving of a principled approach.
And let's not forget that Warner Bros. is in this for the money, after all. CATS AND DOGS is by no means a "prestige picture" for which they'll accept a fiscal loss as a tradeoff for the goodwill they'll earn from the filmbuff community. I fear that after all your efforts, Warner Bros. will sell only a smattering of the widescreen product, thus confirming in their eyes how right they were from the beginning.
Fullscreen, widescreen, or no screen at all, I ain't buying this POS movie. But I dearly hope that the rest of you who are lobbying them so hard on this do intend to buy the disc (if widescreen, of course).

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I fully intend to buy the anamorphic widescreen edition of this disc, and that of Willy Wonka. I would not necessarily buy a WS DVD just to make a point of buying WS, but certainly I would not buy a film that I do, or may enjoy if it were not available OAR.
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
I was just about to come over here and post a question, since I noticed on DVDBoxoffice (where I tend to do much of my shopping) had "Widescreen" tagged on after Cats & Dogs.
I just did a search over there on the word cats, alone, and it spit out two listings - Cats & Dogs (pan&scan) and Cats & Dogs (widescreen).
The widescreen version goes on my preorder list. Haven't seen the movie so I'm going to buy it, watch it and if it stinks, sell it.
------------------
/Kimmo

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
I intend to by the widescreen version of this DVD. I know it's not the best movie out there, but I have kids and they certainly enjoyed it, and it's good enough that I can watch it several times without getting too bored.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks