1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

I Spy: The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by classictvfan91, Apr 17, 2012.

1. classictvfan91

classictvfan91 Well-Known Member

Here are my reasons for this idea:
    1) The original I Spy box sets are out of print,
    2) Some of the prints are in rough shape, as some say, and so the show needs remastering,
    3) There is a collection of archival footage that should be released with the show, and some new special features too.
    Also, I Spy is an important part of TV history, and it should be released in a definitive box set.
    Also, Shout! Factory does listen to fans.

2. Sky Captain

Sky Captain Well-Known Member

I agree-also, it wasn't silly in it's third season like The Man From U.N.C.L.E was, and managed not to have silly elements in it (something that plagued the James Bond movies in the 70's as well.)
    If it was possible, I'd like I Spy to be in Blu-Ray discs that were made from fully-restored prints-but unless the son of Sheldon Leonard were to actually care about his dad's legacy and want to really put his dad's shows (I Spy, Accidental Family, My Friend Tony on DVD, and the market gets receptive enough for a show as old as this to be put on DVD and sell as much as the Star Trek Blu-Ray box sets, nothing's going to happen.