What's new

I now own a pair of some of the best speakers every made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Ok guys. Well they must have redisigned them when wybron bought them out. Becuase the box says scII, the Frequency response chart says SCII, the impulse response chart says SCII and the speakers themselves say SCII. Plus the drivers that are in MY speakers are 6 1/2"'s not 4"'s. So Im not sure. Oh well doesnt matter. I love them!

Plus my wife told me the SCI's are wall mountable. If I wall mounted these....... it would have to be with 12" lag bolts and it would still rip the stud out of the wall! They are heavy.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Looking at your second picture you are keeping very expensive Dunlavy speakers on the floor right next to toys that small children play with. Toddlers and speakers do not mix! There are courts in Europe that could imprison you for such offenses!:D

AlbertD

Stunt Coordinator
Jesse:

You have great speakers, some of the best ever made. But if you ever need drivers replaced or repaired it will be important for you to know what the exact model is. Trust me, one would not want to "wall hang" Dunlavy SC-1AV speakers. Size: 20" H x 8" W x 10 1/2" D Weight: 25 Pounds Each

Take a look at a picture of what a Dunlavy SC-11 speaker really looks like

:)

http://www.audioreview.com/pscSpeake...6_1594crx.aspx

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
If I had speakers like those it would be for a dedicated music room only. All that stuff in the middle can potentially ruin the imaging.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You don't need to biwire them unless you use an external amp, and if you get a decent amp, you probably won't need to biwire them at all.

AlbertD

Stunt Coordinator
Those are some mighty big speakers you have hanging there, Phil! I guess I shouldn't have said "you wouldn't" I should have said "I wouldn't". :)

AlbertD

Stunt Coordinator
Jessee is spot on. Those speakers are in fact, Dunlavy SC-2a's. The SC-2a is identical to the Dunlavy SM-1, except that the wood veneer is carried to the front of the speaker. It does sport larger drivers than the SC-1's or 1AV's. Here is a link on the SM-1's which should be the spec for Jessee's speakers. http://202.186.86.35/audio/story.asp?file=/2000/4/06dun

Fabulous speakers!!!!:emoji_thumbsup:

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
In an ideal setup, the speakers would be placed a fair distance out into the room, and there would be nothing between them. The TV, most notably, a large flat surface, will affect imaging. Most typical HTs do not afford ideal placement though. If you can pull the front face forward of the TV/rack, imaging will be better.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Jesse,

Great score! As others have said, get those things up on stands (hell, milk crates, or better yet some cement blocks in a pinch) and you'll find they probably sound even better.

I always get a bit sad when I go by the Dunlavy facility (it's barely a mile from my house). They clearly had the passion. You have some special speakers for sure.

Ron

Dean Arizona

Agent
Jesse

Congratulations on scoring those speakers - it is just the sort of thing we all dream about happening to us. Just out of curiosity, could you tell us what was the special "employee" price the company extended to your wife vs. the Dunlavy list price? I'm sure the info will make us all feel a little more envious, if that is possible!

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Congrats for acquiring such speakers!

Dunlavy was one of a rare handful of "high-end" speaker manufacturers that produced truly outstanding sounding, accurate transducers...unlike so many fakes that believe pricing their rip-offs from somebody else's speaker designs in the thousands of Dollars will fool everyone. Too bad Dunlavy went under... :frowning:

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys. I dont want to say solid numbers but they cost roughly a little over a 1/4 of what they retailed for. But I think Im going to use my old sony speaker to sit them on. Get them up off the floor.

But by the way. As if I thought it couldnt get any better. My wife called me today and said they basically cleaned out the factory and any extra stuff the employess could have for free.

So now Im waiting to recieve.....

2 15" Sub Drivers
2 10" Sub Drivers
1 Optical Cable
and a ton of other cables. RCA's, Speaker wire, etc.!!!

This is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks