What's new

I need some help please with some trilogy trivia. (1 Viewer)

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
We've got a contest at work to find the most number of actors and actresses that have starred in at least 2 trilogies. Actually, it doesn't have to be a trilogy, it just has to be 3 or more movies in a series (e.g., Rocky, Rambo, JP, Beverly Hills Cops, etc.).

So far, I've got:

Sylvester Stallone: Rocky and Rambo
Talia Shire: Godfather and Rocky

Please help me win guys! Thanks.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Christopher Lee:
- Count Dooku in the Star Wars movies
- Saruman in the Lord of the Rings movies
- Count Dracula in about a billion movies
- Dr. Fu Manchu in 6 Fu Manchu movies
- Death in the Discworld movies (Welcome to the Discworld, Soul Music, Wyrd Sisters)
And he's been in several different Sherlock Holmes movies... as Sherlock Holmes, Mycroft Holmes, and Sir Henry Baskerville.

Eric Thrall

Stunt Coordinator
I'd assume that Christopher Lee doesn't get credit for the Star Wars movies since he'll only appear in two of them - I'm going on the assumption that the person in question must appear in at least 3 movies of the series to count. Also, it's been a lot of years since I read it, so I could be wrong about this, but doesn't Saruman get defeated in LOTR:TTT?

The two I came up with are:

James Earl Jones - Star Wars trilogy, Jack Ryan movies (Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger)

Mel Gibson - Mad Max and Lethal Weapon

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
Thanks guys! Please keep them coming. Also, Eric is right with respect to the number of movies that "qualify." Each actor/actress must appear in 3 or more movies in a series. Voiceovers are also applicable.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Steve Guttenberg almost makes the list for 2, but he was only in the Police Academy series and almost for 3 Men and a Baby, which only went 2.

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
Hugo Weaving is in the Matrix soon to be trilogy. He's also in Lord of the Rings, but I'm not too familiar with the books. Will he be in the other two? Whatever the facts, he's a cool actor!

Chris Lock

Second Unit
Does the actor have to be in at least 3 movies in each series, or does the series just have to be 3 or more? If the former, Lee wouldn't count for Star Wars. Otherwise, there are a lot more to add to the list. (Example: Harrison Ford would count for his Jack Ryan films, since there are at least 3, although he was only in 2. Billy Dee Williams for Star Wars & Batman, ... )

Do short films count? If so, Jackie Cooper was in a bunch of Our Gang shorts & all 4 Superman movies.

Does the actor have to appear on-camera? If not, you could count Frank Oz for Star Wars & Muppets movies.

How specific do you want to get?

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
Chirs: Each actor/actress has to actually star in 3 movies in a trilogy (or more). So, Harrison Ford wouldn't count for the Jack Ryan series. And Lee wouldn't count (excuse the pun) for Star Wars. :D
The rules are kind of grey, so I'll say that short films DO count and voiceovers and costumes (e.g., muppets) DO count as well.
Thanks again everyone!

Chris Lock

Second Unit
George Kennedy- Naked Gun, Airport
Clint Eastwood- Dirty Harry, man with no name
Johnny Weismuller- Tarzan, Jungle Jim
Roger Moore as James Bond, Lord Brett Sinclair, & 3 Saint movies (although the last was just a voice role)
Buster Crabbe played Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, Billy the Kid, & Billy Carson (whoever he is :D), all in at least 3 movies. Could he be the king of this category?

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Peter Cushing in Hammer's Dracula series (Dracula, Brides of Dracula, Dracula A.D. 1972, Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires, Satanic Rites of Dracula)

Peter Cushing in Hammer's Frankensten series (Curse of Frankenstein, Revenge of Frankenstein, Evil of Frankenstein, Frankenstein Created Woman, Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed, Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell)

Michael Ripper in Hammer's Mummy series (The Mummy, Curse of the Mummy's Tomb, The Mummy's Shroud)

Michael Ripper in Hammer's Dracula series (Brides of Dracula, Dracula Has Risen From the Grave, Scars of Dracula, Taste the Blood of Dracula)

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Brad Dourif - the Child's Play films & The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Well, it was a good attempt. :)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Brad Dourif wasn't in Fellowship of the Ring, unless you count the theatrical showing that contains The Two Towers preview.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Eric:
In the book, Saruman hides out in the Shire after his defeat and is chased out by Sam when he returns. Whether or not they add this to the movie is unknown.

I believe Jet Li starred in a Hong Kong martial arts trilogy.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Boris Karloff- Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein & Son of Frankenstein, not to mention House of Frankenstein though in a different role there; Five Mr. Wong movies (including Doomed to Die and The Fatal Hour)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks