What's new

I need a couple new GameCube Games (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I am having knee surgery in a couple weeks and am going to be stuck in bed for two weeks. The last two games I bought were Metroid Prime and Jedi Outcast when they came out.

I want a couple games that will hold my interest for a couple weeks.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Pick up the new Zelda game, and get the bonus disc if you can. Also, get Animal Crossing. You'll be all set with them.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Get 3 friends to sit there with ya and play 4 player Godzilla Destroy all Monsters

capt

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Larry, it would probably help if you told us what games you had, since otherwise it's difficult to make recommendations. However, Eternal Darkness is a good buy simply because it's a good game and is available at bargain prices.

If you like RPGs, Skies of Arcadia should keep you occupied for a good long while too. The Zelda title plus bonus disk is another good pick somebody mentioned.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
OK. I own (or have owned) for the Game Cube:

Rogue Leader
Jedi Outcast 2
Madden 2002*
NCAA Football 2003
Godzilla Destroy All Monsters
Eternall Darkness*
James Bong Agent Under Fire*
Metroid Prime*
Medal of Honor
Turok*
Sonic Adventure*
Luigi's Mansion*

*=sold after I finished.

BTW, I'm 39 years old and all my friends have day jobs and or wives, so I guess I am looking for something to play solo. My absolute favorite game of all time was Perfect Dark for the N64.

I have been leaning towards Zelda and maybe a baseball game (any recomendations?). But I'd also like a new FPS that won't get too boring after completing the game the first time.

Barry Woodward

Second Unit
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Sonic Mega Collection
Sonic Adventure DX
Dragon's Lair 3D
NBA Street Vol. 2
Ikaruga
Batman Vengeance
James Bond 007: Night Fire
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Rocky
Star Fox Adventures
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
TimeSplitters 2
Wave Race: Blue Storm

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
James Bong Agent Under Fire
That made me laugh out loud. But seriously, you can't go wrong with The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Resident Evil 0 (play it at night), or Ikaruga.

I only just got Ikaruga and it's the hardest game I've ever played. But the sheer insane difficulty level makes me play it even more so I can beat it.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
and maybe a baseball game (any recomendations?).
While the Baseball Market is flooded on the PS2, and to a lesser extent, the XBOX, there's precious little to choose from on the Gamecube.

All-star baseball is the only "real" baseball game to choose from (the others are Slugfest, Homerun King and Backyard Baseball).

High Heat is coming out, but not until the end of the month.

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Haven't much to add except that I just got myself a GameCube with Mem card/Super Mario Sunshine pack in for 159.99 and Zelda: WindWaker. Arrgh - more gaming bliss with the added cost of collecting for... next gen console #2.

On my list to get are ::

Animal Crossing
Ikaruga
Metroid Prime
Super Smash Brothers Melee

Maybe:
Skies of Arcadia Legends (I still haven't played the DC version - why? Too much anime!)

Any other suggestions? Reviews would also be good...

I will probably hunt for older releases in bargain bins and used game sections. Saves money for more anime and movie DVDs... ;)

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Ikaruga is an old school style vertical shooter. It's also the most challenging game I've ever played. It's like white knuckle, eyes bleedingly intense.

But if you like shooters, it's THE one to get. Very impressive graphics, and 2 player co-op really add to it.

Christopher_H

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Larry,

If you liked Perfect Dark for N64, I think you might like Time Splitters 2. I think it is the best FPS for GameCube. Also you might like James Bond Nightfire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks