What's new

I LOVE LUCY: The California Episodes (1 Viewer)

Claude North

Second Unit
Am I imagining things, or was it announced that Paramount was going to release all of the California episodes of I LOVE LUCY in a separate collection?

I have found no evidence of this anywhere, but I'm sure that I heard about this somewhere...

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
I never remember hearing that. I could be mistaken of course. It seems like a silly idea if you ask me. Just buy the season sets, but thats for you to decide, not me.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
The California shows (27 total) were released in 1992 on VHS video (via two 3-tape "Lucy's Zany Road Trip" sets). Good quality too, with "pristine film-to-tape transfers from the original 35mm prints", per the packaging.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Didn't that take up an entire season anyway? As Glenn says, just buying that season would amount to the same thing.

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
I believe they did Jay but it did cross over into the next season as well for a little bit.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The California thing took up most of the 4th season and about 6 episodes of the 5th (correct me if I'm wrong.) They then were in the New York apartment for a few episodes before taking off for Europe for the rest of the 5th season. I don't see why they'd do a special dvd of just the California shows. If you have the 4th and 5th seasons, then you have them all. It's different now than when those videos came out; back then, to have a huge number of tv episodes on home video was largely decadent. Now it's totally normal.

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator

To my wife, it's still "largely decadent" (as being a waste of money), but I'm working on changing that.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe

I've heard people say that, as in, "Why spend money on shows you can watch for free on television?"

Such people are, no offense to your wife, clueless.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I've heard people say that, as in, "Why spend money on shows you can watch for free on television?"

Why go out to dinner when she can cook for you? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks