1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

I LOVE LUCY - Columbia House -vs- Paramount

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee Bombard, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Lee Bombard

Lee Bombard Well-Known Member

The Digital Bits is reporting that Paramount is working on DVD editions of "I LOVE LUCY" for a potential July 2002 release.

Does anyone have any idea how these new editions might differ from the Columbia House editions already in release?

Regards,

Lee

2. MatthewA

MatthewA Well-Known Member

Matthew
    Lee,

Martin Blythe, of Paramount, posts here on occasion and said something to which the effect is that there will be no I Love Lucy DVDs from Paramount until the original film negatives are restored.

But after reading thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html, I guess it's not as bad as they thought. I just hope these are season-by-season sets.

Paramount acquired the rights to the CBS library in the CBS/Viacom merger. This also includes The Twilight Zone, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Honeymooners (the so-called "classic 39" episodes, not the Gleason show skits), and others.