What's new

I know it's only a rumor, but Van Halen with DLR....reformed (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd

Ed must be a total mess. If he doesn't get help for his problems I have a feeling he may not be around much longer. :frowning:

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle

It's too bad the band isn't eternal. While most of the band looks ok, Dave's voice ain't what it used to be. Eddie's decades of drinking certainly hasn't helped the fact that he was already an eccentric person anyway. If these guys can't get their act straight soon, it's not ever going to happen.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
When someone is addicted to drugs or alcohol, you can never predict their behaviour. I suspect he'll show up. If we're lucky, he won't be hammered, he'll be in a good mood, and he'll decide to play a song or two with Roth. I think he's still mad enough at Hagar and Anthony to ignore them the whole night.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
Great news. I hope Ed does well and is clean from now on. I shudder to think of the music he could make with a clear mind.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
That picture is a couple of years old, when he was still with Valerie. He said his teeth got bad from the cancer treatments, but yeah, alcohol has really aged him.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
Get better soon, Ed. Hope to see you, Dave, Alex, AND Mike on tour next year.

Happy birthday to Wolfgang, btw (316). :)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
posted 3/8/06 on the VH myspace fan page:
EDDIE VAN HALEN has revealed reunion plans have stalled because he needs to check into rehab. In a message to fans, the rocker admits he put a planned reunion tour on hold because he felt he wouldn't be able to perform at his best until he sorted out a few personal demons. The guitarist had reconciled with David Lee Roth and they announced dates with Van Halen’s brother Alex and his teenage son Wolfgang. But the tour plans hit a snag last month (Feb07) and shows were mysteriously postponed. Rumours circulated that the reunion itself had hit a stumbling block and that Van Halen and Roth had fallen out - but now the guitarist has revealed the real reason for the postponed dates. In a letter to Rolling Stone magazine, Van Halen writes, "I would like Van Halen fans to know how much I truly appreciate each and every one of you. Without you there is no Van Halen. "I have always and will always feel a responsibility to give you my best. At the moment I do not feel that I can give you my best. "That's why I have decided to enter a rehabilitation facility to work on myself, so that in the future I can deliver the 110 per cent that I feel I owe you and want to give you." He adds, "Some of the issues surrounding the 2007 Van Halen tour are within my ability to change and some are not. As far as my rehab is concerned, it is within my ability to change and change for the better."

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That's excellent. Good luck, Eddie! Hope to see you guys on tour when you feel up to it.

BTW, Toys R Us is selling the Van Halen-style (Eddie's original red and white homemade axe) faceplates for SG-style Guitar Hero controllers for $5. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks