What's new

I JUST CAN'T ACCEPT CG VERSIONS OF CELL-ANIMATED CHARACTERS (1 Viewer)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I agree. I love classic cartoons, but 3-D is not the villain. Tell me the opening 20 minutes of Up isn't powerful and expressive.
Edwin-S said:
I'd argue that RATATOUILLE has plenty of expressive moments where the animators brought the characters to life. In fact, plenty of the animators on Pixar and Dreamworks computer animated films have managed to imbue life into the characters. I'd like to see more traditional 2D animation, but I am not going to be one to put down the quality of work that computer animators have managed to put out. Their work is not inferior to that of animators from previous generations.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Who wants to tell Vic that The Incredibles will be....
made available as a 3D feature
probably by years end.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
John, I am 100% in agreement regarding movie scripts, but 100% in disagreement regarding song lyrics. The only reason I ever pay any attention to them is so I can sing along! :)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
John Kilduff said:
Truthfully, what matters to me with animated movies is not the form of the animation, but the script. For me, the script is the most important part of a movie, whether it's live-action or animation. I've seen horrible cel-animation movies and great CGI movies, and vice versa, but for me, it's never been about the visual style, although it's certainly nice to notice it...It's the script.
I agree, as movies like "Wreck-It Ralph" and "Frozen" has made me a lot more accepting of this medium. In the end, it is all about being entertained, which is the goal of every movie.

Besides, I could not imagine this scene done in 2-D, or if was, it would not be the same...

despicable_me_2_gif___evil_minion_yells_by_c0l0ss4l_st1nk3r-d6suojf.jpg

BAH! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks