What's new

I have appx 15 1/2 feet for depth for my new room.. how wide? (1 Viewer)

Mike D.

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all!

I (somewhat unfortunately I suppose) only have 15 1/2 feet of depth for a HT-only room I'm about to build in my basement. I can pretty much make it any width up to 15 feet. Basically, I have a square to work with, but I know that a square isn't the best shape. I'm thinking about making it 12 1/2 feet wide. Does that sound about right? Height will be appx 7 1/2 feet, except where duct work runs down the middle at appx. 6'8.

I'll be posting my "before" pictures as soon as they are developed (no, no digital camera just yet!!), and then documenting my progress as so many of you have!

Ian_J

Stunt Coordinator
12 to 12.5 feet is good. My room is 12x16.5. Current seating is a luxurious futon (ha ha) but I have room for 5 berkline 088s (two on a riser). Oh yeah, if you fill a room this size with the right equipment & treatments it will sound just as good, if not better, than a larger room with high ceilings.

Good luck.

Mike D.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys! Spent today dry-locking the walls, man, that stuff isn't much fun to work with... haha

I had a really small, 11 x 8.5, in my old house and it sounded pretty nice. I'm going to really try to make this room the best it can be for it's size!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks