What's new

I Hate You, Warner Brothers (1 Viewer)

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Trace:
WB would have released Goonies in P&S only if it were not for the insistence of the Director that it be OAR. Cats & Dogs as well as Wonka came out in OAR only because of us "villagers" and I suspect we would have also had Neverending Story in P&S only if it wasn't for all those flaming torches and pitch-forks!

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
Really? Where did you hear that a P&S Goonies was inevitable, just because it's WB? If Goonies was to be in WS because of Richard Donner, then the decision was made well before this thread was started, wouldn't it? And like WW and C&D. they would've put out a P&S version anyway.
Look, it takes 6 months to a year to master a DVD. Neverending Story was also way under development by the time the chicken littles started this thread, and the sky didn't fall. Sure they can do a rush job on C&D, but WW already had a new anamorphic master, they just slapped it on a new disc...as was said in another thread, they made a mistake on that. You ever make mistakes? In the end, they did the right thing. Time to bury the hatchet, and talk about South Park, or some other beef they haven't addressed.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Please keep the profanity to the newsgroups. Any such messages here will be removed.
Why do we have to see profanity anywhere on this forum?

We are all adults, yet the post are degraded to school yard level with the swearing. I don't come to the best HT web site to see swear words. Ruins the good time, for me.

On the WB thing, I am all on it, with my thread; Savior to Failure!

Everyone on it but me loves the snapper! In the immortal words of Butch Casidy "Who are those guys"!

Angsty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
"I hate you Warner Bros"...
For releasing Willy Wonka in R4 with the following defects:
Pan & Scan version - why didn't we get the WS version?
NTSC formatting - R4 Australia uses the PAL format!
Let them eat cake, eh??
Angela :angry:

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Eyes Wide Shut was altered by the producers, not WB. Point the finger at them instead.
Warner has a policy of not releasing unrated or NC17 films in the USA. That is the reason the film was altered. If the makers of the film wanted the film to be seen this way then why was it released in it's original form everywhere else? Warner's policy($)is the reason why.
Patrick, I know that you are in love with Warner, but remember, sometimes love makes you blind;)
I have a better feeling about Warner, now that they are stepping up their releases of catalog titles. However I'm still wary of some of their other practices & policies.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Jay is right. Kubrick was contractually obligated by Warner to make EWS an R-rated film, hence the digital censorship. Also, those close to Kubrick have stated that Warner, not the Kubrick estate is responsible for no unrated EWS on DVD in Region 1. :thumbsdown:

Jason St Louis

Stunt Coordinator
Warner Brothers still got "Snapper cases"?, no DTS titles?, no "Superbit titles"? no "Batman:SE" or Batman Returns:SE DVD's? ,no "Batman:Animated series"?, no "Superman 2:SE" Yet? no "Babylon 5 series boxsets" yet?, no "Friends" series boxsets?, no classic "Flash" TV series?, average release titles etc!

The only good things i've seen are Matrix, Matrix Revisted, Goonies and Superman SE. The best DVD developers are "Columbia pictures", "Criterion" and "New Line cinema" with "20th Century Fox", "Paramount Pictures" "Pioneer", "Anchor Bay", "Universal" coming next?and then its Warner Brothers?

Gee it not good being at the bottom of the food chain? sorry "WB"? i gotta tell it as it is!

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I'm not quite sure what the huge deal is over snappers, I love them. I have yet too by a Snapper DVD case with a loose DVD inside. Can't say that for anyother types of cases I've seen. As for a 2 disc snapper, why not make boths sides snapper if you know what I mean. Basically looks like 2 snapper cases glued together(well, a bit better than that :) )

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I hate snappers simply because they have no protection. Alot of my covers are damaged.

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
Yeah, they censored Eyes Wide Shut. How convenient and easy to place blame on a single studio for the political climate of a nation (USA).
I just killed a thread, writing this below, because none of the censorship cryers even wanted to consider the possibility that Warner might not be so much at fault over EWS. I guess it's more important to have an extra "And, another thing!!!" grievence to put on the studio.
Read it or not, I don't care...
I've brought this up before in the Friday the 13th Uncut threads, and had my suspicions confirmed by Martin Blythe. So I will try
again to explain a possible reason for Eyes Wide Shut being censored...I doubt it will sink in this time, but here goes anyway.
Politics!!! Who used Hollywood's decadence/immorality as a national rallying cry during the 2000 presidential elections? Al
Gore, George W Bush, Dick Cheney, Joe Liberman, The Christian Coalition, Family Research Council, & The AFA, not to
mention Pat Buchanan. Doesn't anybody remember Al Gore saying "Hollywood! Clean up your act or else!"
Should Warner stand up to this? Sure they can. Would they be held in contempt by these political lobbying groups? Possibly. Is
it wise to upset what might be a major portion of the population just for artistic integrity? Well, you decide that for yourselves.
When your group is the target of political rallying crys, along with being blamed as a scapegoat for school shootings, your group
tends to get skittish. Look at how many people out there who are burning Harry Potter books as witchcraft.
You have a problem with EWS being censored? Get involved, stand up against the pressure groups. Don't sit back and complain
about Warner, because they just don't listen to you. Someone else is screaming louder...Warner can't hear you through that.

Users who are viewing this thread