What's new

I hate the new pants I'm wearing ARGHHH!! (1 Viewer)

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I bought some new pants for work. The felt good in the dressing room and stuff. So I bring 'em home wash 'em and put them on. I immediately feel discomfort, but keep them on anyway.
Now I'm sitting here and they feel like they're pulling me in all sorts of directions everywhere.
When I walk, they pull across the crotch area with each step. They didn't feel like that in the store. I took into account that they'd shrink a bit in the wash but they're nothing close to what I felt in the store.

It seems like they are making all pants like this now days because I tried on at least 8 pair of pants that day. They all pulled across the front or the crotch was so short it's like they have built in supporters so when you walk or sit they bind and crap and I'm sick of it. I hate khakis!
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I'm gonna try, but it's such a pain to try and find a great pair of pants that you are only gonna wear for work and they get ruined and crap without paying a ton.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Chris, just take 'em off. Who's gonna care if you walk around in your tighty whiteys?

- Colton

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Yeah I suppose I'll do that. I just got back from a cruise and I'm all tan and hairy so people will just think that I am wearing tan cashmere sweater pants anyway.

They are pulling on everyt part from my belt-line to my ankles. I can't even put my feet down on the floor when I sit.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Take the pants back to the store.

Or, if you would like another alternative, see a tailor about altering them to fit you comfortably, and how to launder them so they don't "grab" you.

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Can recommend Joseph A. Banks for good pants. A little bit more pricey, but they fit (me) vey well, even after several washes.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I've bought a bad pair of pants before and decided to take them back. Here's the story...

So I'm waiting for the subway, It's not coming, so I decided to hoof it through the tunnel. Well, I don't know if I lost track of time - or what, but the next thing I knew I slipped - and fell in the mud. Ruining the very pants I was about to return. ;)

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Well it's casual Friday and so I feel a heck of a lot better. Love jeans.

It's hard to find a pair of buis/casual pants that don't look too dressy or too ratty and then have them be comfortable. I have to wear a work provided shirt so I don't wanna over dress with expensive pants that are just gonna get ruined anyway.
Thanks for all the support.

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
I get the Jos Banks $50 cotton twill pants when they go on sale for $25. About twice a year. Well worth $25 compared to Gap or Dockers.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I like Gap Straight-fit dress pants. They fit me the best and still wear great after several washes. $50 (get what you pay for, although some of you may consider that cheap!), but they are having a sale on their website for some styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks