What's new

I guess no more of the Nickelodeon Rewind Collection? (1 Viewer)

I am so bummed. I went wild over the Clarissa and Pete & Pete releases. Then when the 2nd season of Pete & Pete came out, I refused to buy it because of the lack of more Clarissa. Then we got word that Nickelodeon put the DVD series on hold while the shakeups with Nick and Viacom were being resolved. Now it's been almost two years.

To top it all off, You Can't Do That on Television was next on the schedule- my most anticipated release. :frowning:

Do any of you still think there's a possibilty the series will resume?

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
I can sort of understand people when they don't buy a first season because they're waiting for confirmation the series will continue. I can also understand it when people boycott releases because they are edited or incomplete (I've sparingly done so myself). Yet, I cannot understand your logic whatsoever. You boycotted a release because the studio stopped releasing another series? Why would you even care if they continue the Nickelodeon Rewind Collection when it appears as though you only care about Clarissa? If anything, boycotting AoPaP Season 2 only confirms the studio's suspicion that there is a drop off after the first season, thus ensuring Clarissa is even less likely to get another release.

Ok, ok, ok, it probably was illogical. It wasn't that I didn't care about Pete & Pete, though. I can sort of appreciate it now more than I did then.

Would it have been a good idea of Nickelodeon continued the Rewind DVDs and put them up for order exclusively on their official website, and Amazon.com? That way they could make a certain number of copies, and then make more if they run out and they're still in demand, rather than distributing copies all over the country in stores. Or not?

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
That would work, but the problem is that they'd only make a limited profit off of it. Keep in mind that these big movie studios don't just want to make a profit, they want to make enough profit to make it worth their while. Online sales alone don't do that.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I'd kill for the final season of Pete & Pete. More Clarissa would be welcome, as well.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I hope that the Nick Rewind Collection will someday continue. I would love to have Are You Afraid of the Dark? and You Can't Do That on Television on DVD.

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
AYAotD is already available. Seasons 1-3 have been released in Canada. However, Canada is NTSC Region 1 (i.e. the same as the U.S.), so as long as you're willing to buy online (Amazon.ca is recommended), you can get them.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
I could claim an elaborate conspiracy theory on Viacom's part, and I would, but i dno't feel like being tackled by a 1,000 studio respresentatives at the moment.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Well, we all know that Viacom is a signatory to the International Adult Conspiracy (motto: "Because I Said So"), and Endless Mike and Pitstain are in charge of DVD releases.

Someone needs to start sending some Neapolitan ice cream to the offices. :D

Friday is my 23rd birthday. I plan on getting the second season of Pete & Pete. Not that getting it will work miracles and Viacom/Nick will go, "hey! Someone bought another copy! Ok, we can go release the rest and start with YCDTOTV now...", but it's just time I get it, along with the last "Nick" Ren & Stimpy seasons.

Pfft.

Looking through some of the shows that got DVD releases, there's a bunch I've never even heard of before. Yet Paramount won't finish Pete & Pete and get to the others . No one can tell me these DVDs didn't sell well, at least for Pete & Pete. It got decent critic reviews (I remember the Entertainment Weekly one) and it apparently did well enough for a 2nd season.

I accidently came across this video on YouTube that I completely agree with.

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to chime in as another diehard Pete & Pete fan desperately wanting the final season on DVD.

RyanAn

Screenwriter

That kid could be a Peter! ;)

- So, I would 100% buy an Nick Rewind Collection DVD, in fact, I already have!

My heart skipped a beat when I saw on TVShowsonDVD.com the news for season 3 with the coverart. It was a beautiful thing. Then, Paramount dropped it and I thought my life would be over.

I support EVERY Nick Rewind show - because A. they are awesome and b. support for one is support for the rest.

ry

I got my 2nd season set of Pete & Pete for my birthday. I've been watching these episodes and I can definitely see why people love this show.

I hated it when it was originally on, but it was because I didn't really get it. Now I do, and they're pretty good. X=Y and Yellow Fever are hilarious. It's unfortunate that Paramount pulled the final season. But that's typical. Nickelodeon sucks when bringing back old shows (like the one time they were supposed to go on a whole month of June 2004 of Old School U-Pick for their 25th anniversary.... they cancelled that Old-School Pick block in the middle of the month to show Danny Phantom).

TVFan

Agent
Real Name
Mark
I Was also hoping to have shows such as Kenan and Kel and My Brother and Me and the Early eps. of All That On DVD.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Is there any status on Nick Rewind Collection?

Hey Dude and Salute Your Shorts are currently on the top ten unreleased list over at tvshowsondvd. I can't believe they haven't been released yet.

Not to mention Are You Afraid of the Dark, You Can't Do That On Television, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life etc

Nick/CBS/Paramount what's the holdup?

CatherineC

Auditioning
I did search and did not see this posted elsewhere - Hey Dude Season One is now available to download at iTunes. Though I'd rather have an actual dvd set, I'm thrilled to have a way to see this show again. Perhaps a strong response will bring dvd sets.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Great. It had to be one I DON'T WANT!

Make with the You Can't Do That and Salute Your Shorts already!!!! :angry: I'll buy them all. But I want a darn DVD set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks