What's new

I got "White Vanned" (1 Viewer)

Jack Keck

Second Unit
Well, gang, I think I've passed a rite of passage yesterday when, on the way homw from work, a guy in a tan mini-van motions for me to roll down my window. He then asks if I want to buy some new speakers. Mind you, this was while driving 45 MPH down Telegraph Rd. Anyone from Southeast MI will know what that is. Since he was in a mini-van, and a tan one at that, does the speakers he offered me count as White van speakers?

BTW, I did not buy the speakers.

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Me too!!! 3 days ago. They were left over from a home theater install job. If I only had the cash on me. They probably blow away my PSB Golds. :D

Nick V

Second Unit
It's happened to me a handfull of times. Interestingly enough, it's always been within seconds of driving away from an audio/video store. A-Holes!!:angry:

Travis*N

Auditioning
These white van guys sound alot like a "NUANCE" salesman. Ever been through the nuance sale pitch? I must say, its not quite like anything else i've ever encounted.

CaseyLS

Second Unit
My favorite one is the Michael Jordan one.

I have never been struck by or seen a white van

Nick V

Second Unit
Every white van thread always turns into a Nuance bashing thread. While I don't agree with their tactics, Nuance are IMO nothing like these white van guys. Nuance may try to deceive you into a quick purchase, but these white van guys are downright liars!! There is a difference you know...

DanaA

Screenwriter
Gabriel,

LOL

The rest of you are making me feel jealous by never having been approached by the near mythological white vans. Is there something wrong with me? I feel rejected. :b

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
NickV,

"but these white van guys are downright liars!! There is a difference you know..."

And the difference between the white vans and Nuance is?

Nuance gets you into thier showroom and they play Quadraphonic
Sound Recordings to make you belive that thier speakers do
something spacialy that others do not.. Deception is the
same as telling a Lie.. It's circumventing the truth either
way. E.O.S

Marc H

Second Unit
I remember back in the late '80s, they used to hang around in the parking lot outside the hifi shop I was managing at the time hitting up all the clients as they left. Can't believe they are still at it.

Frank_Ber

Agent
I have not seen these guys so far. I am looking for them though. I would like to see these guys in action.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks