What's new

I got the call. My silver and black Rotel RSP-1066 is in. (1 Viewer)

WayneW

Auditioning
hey all,
haven't been involved in this plethora of 1066 threads but just I started reading through them. i was told through my local dealer (Soundscape in Baltimore) that i should be receiving the silver/black version sometime between the 20th and 25th. i can take pics of it if y'all want if im lucky enough to get it early. ;)
w.

Steven Phipps

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Phipps
I'm sick of picks!! I want the real thing!!!;)
Just kidding Wayne, please do. What is the rest of your setup? Welcome to the club, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
I won't be picking mine up until Saturday the 25th(too busy moving and the dealer is too far away). I can't really use it, but the temptation is killing me. I hope one of you guys who can start enjoying it right away get yours before I get mine. It sounds like either Andrew or Wayne may be the first one.
Scott,
Thanks for the invitation. That's an offer I'll definately take you up on. We usually go down to visit our relatives during the summer.
Hey, you guys want to see something really sad(for me at least). Just take a look at the pics below. It's what used to be my HT. After that click on my "Radden Home Theater" signature below and you can see what it used to look like before we took it apart.
Oh, well at least my new HT room will be bigger and I get to start all the wiring and planning from scratch, since it's in a completely unfinished part of the house. It just stinks having to go without my HT for the next couple of months.:frowning: I'll just have to live vicariously through you guys for awhile.:b
http://pages.cthome.net/lradden/room2.jpg
http://pages.cthome.net/lradden/room3.jpg
http://pages.cthome.net/lradden/room5.jpg

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Legairre I feel for you moving but having nearly finished building my new dedicated room in the new house I can honestly say hang in there it will be all worth it when you're finished.
I talked with my dealer this afternoon and as far as he knows the silver 1066's shipped late last week from the US to Canada and should be shipping from Toronto to Winnipeg in the middle of next week arriving thrusday or friday. I'm supposed to get a call the minute they arrive:) Now I just have to finish building the IB sub and mounting the side maggie speakers before it arrives!

WayneW

Auditioning
I know whatcha mean steven :)
As for my setup, I hope this isn't too long. Like many of you, my setup is a slowly evolving project that has cost (and is...) too much; but from the looks of things, most of y'all have a much sweeter setup than me.
Power comes from an Acurus 125x5 (most likely to be used for center, surrounds and rears) and I'm currently thinking about using a pair of Arcam Diva P85's or Arcam FMJ P25's to power the mains...this depends on auditioning and (of course) cost. My feeling now is that I'll go with the Diva P85's b/c their sound won't outshine the Acurus as much as the P25's would in an HT setup. Still, the Divas are a good improvement over the Acurus when I go 2 channel.
As for speakers, I just sold my Paradigm Mini-Monitors and M&K sub to a friend and will probably be going with an Axiom setup. I loved my Paradigms and M&K, but from what I've heard of Axioms, its worth the gamble. (My brother in california uses them despite the fact that his electronics kick some serious butt.) With the Axioms I may go with a Sunfire sub or just an Axiom sub.
I'm not a major interconnects/cable/wire buff, but what i do want out of them is just solid build quality. So I just go with the Outlaws -- they're relatively inexpensive (not much more than the radio shack variety) but they just feel so solid. Coupled with a solid service rep makes it golden for me.
The preamp, of course, is the Rotel and my sources are a Cambridge Audio D500 cd player, and a Toshiba 4700 prog-scan dvd player. As you can tell, I've been more of a music listener than HT, although I am a major film buff. With the 1066, I'm finally going to try to make the leap (hence the new speakers, more amps, etc.) I also need a new TV. *sigh* Suggestions?
Finally, where I really fail in matching to most of your systems is the place where my system will be. I simply don't have the space nor the type of house to really set up a killer system (with fancy dimmers and all). I live in a three floor rowhouse/brownstone and besides smallish rooms (the house is less than 20ft wide) there are a lot of odd corners and such. Perhaps when i find my own rowhouse to renovate (and stop renting)... :frowning:
Hope this wasn't too long.
-w.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Andrew,
Thanks for the encouraging words. The waiting is the hard part. When it's done I don't think I'll ever leave the room.;)
Wayne,
You've got some nice gear there:emoji_thumbsup:. Hang in there. You've got lot of us beat in gear already. It's probably just a matter of time before you get a better layout.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Legairre,

The way time seems to fly by, you'll be in the new house enjoying that dedicated room before you know it. And to boot, you'll have a (relatively) new Rotel amp which I know you love, as well as a cool new silver 1066! In the meantime, you can continue to think about how you want to set up your new dedicated room - that's always fun, envisioning the room and knowing it can be set up any way you want.

WayneW

Auditioning
Well got the call today from Dick Turner at Soundscape (great guy) and picked up the Rotel. I've taken some pics fresh outta the box with it hooked up to an Acurus 125x5 doing 2 channel off my roommate's Infinity rs-4's until my Axioms arrive. I'll probably let it play through for the next day or so.
Link Removed

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the pics, Wayne. They almost look like they belong in a magazine ad.

Sure is a pretty piece.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Wayne
You are the man:emoji_thumbsup:. We've all been wondering/hoping the LED was blue. Thanks to you we now know it is. You're freakin killing me. Those pics look so good. I'm dying until Saturday. Thanks for making me feel even more pain:D
Great pics and congrats on the 1066. Damn that silver looks good :emoji_thumbsup:
Andrew, will probably be next on Thursday or Friday.
Scott,
It seems all I do these days is wait on things. I'm waiting on a pre/pro, I'm waiting on the room/house. I dying over here.:D Anyboy have some cheese to go with my whine. :b

Michael Hurst

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the photos, glad the LEDs are blue. Still no word on my 1066, been almost 5 weeks since I ordered it by my rough calculations should be in tomm. or Thursday. Maybe it worked out for the best, the silver is sweet.

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
great pics. I just got done talking to my local dealer about the 1066. he says that it really isn't much of an upgrade over the 976 if you don't end up using the new software (which I don't care about 6.1 and 7.1). That isn't the answer I was looking for, although he is a 2 channel audio purist, so I don't know whether he is telling his preferance or the truth??

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Great pictures! Now I can't wait till mine comes in...got my IB sub built last night (See HT constuction area for pics)

Michael Hurst

Stunt Coordinator
Well my dealer just called today. I am now the proud owner of a Silver RSP-1066. Sounds sweeter than it looks.

stephen_z

Stunt Coordinator
After seeing Wayne's 1066 pics, I couldn't help myself any longer (blue LED definitely contributed to a thumbs up in the spousal approval factor. Went down to my nearby Rotel dealer and ordered a 1066 in duo-tone (also plunked down some change for the RMB-1075... I have Triangle Titus 202's which are really efficient so I don't absolutely need the massive 1095). I may get the 1066 relatively soon (couple of weeks?) but the duo-tone 1075 may take a while (August?), but he's willing to let me use a loaner 5-ch amp until it comes in. His input from his Rotel rep was that the 5-ch amps may be last in getting the new look. Hope it happens sooner, not that the standard black finish would look all that terrible with the silver & black 1066.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Stephen,

It sounds like you're going to have a nice setup. I agree your 202's are easy to drive. The 1095 would be overkill. Man a silver and black 1066 & 1075 would look really nice. If you can't wait for the 1075 in silver, don't feel to bad. Judging from Wayne's pictures the silver 1066 goes real well with black components. It's probably because the handles are black and the rest is silver vs an all silver faceplate.

Wayne's pics look better than the one in HT mag.

Man I am so glad I waited for the silver one. Two days and counting. I think Andrew is expecting to hear something tomorrow about his.

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
A friend of mine told me he talked to a Rotel dealer upon picking up a silver 1066 processor. That Rotel will sell Silver face plates for their amps if you want to change them.

Wouldn't that look cool!

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Darrel,

Robert in the Rotel picture thread just mentioned his dealer told him the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks