What's new

I got an email from the president of Nuance! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I heard back from George:

Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 00:58:14 EST
Subject: Re: talk
To: [email protected]

Hey Mike Thanks for answering me back. Nuance is George Baker, I am nuance and I am trying to achieve one thing, which is to sell the most accurate high performance, high output, dynamic, real speaker ever made. My target audience is the people that do not have plans to have high realism audio in their life, for what ever reason. I already spent 25 years selling and designing some of the top speakers from Canada to the regular audio market and about 15 years ago I decided there was a very large group of people that didn t realize how much fun great audio could be in their life. The easiest thing to do was to develop a name brand line and get it doing 10 million dollars per year, using advertising, using the press, which I have had the pleasure of meeting most of them, having a half million dollar advertising budget, and another half million dollar show budget. Done that been there, it got boring. I hated making competing me too products. I wanted the freedom to sell something close to what Bill Gates would have to the regular non audiophile fellow. I found it exciting to know that in Canada Nuance outsells every speaker company put together in sales of speakers over 2000 dollars a pair. If I could I would only make speakers between 2k and 10k, because I can put everything possible into them. We are not trying to compete with any speaker company, we just want to sell incredible sound Ferraris to a guy who thinks his 4 year old mini van is OK. I know that we have changed the lives of 1000s of people. I am sorry that the over exuberant sales approach of some salespeople has put you off. I would like to change that. Do you realize that one person in a hundred comes in to a store clerk asking about speakers, therefore there is no market for speakers, therefore companies like A and B Sound get in trouble because no one goes near their audio department, and the highest speaker sold by Future Shop or Best Buy is around 600 dollars. How great a reproducer of sound can we build for 600 retail when those big retailers get 65 percent off, with programs and the manufacture needs to spend 20 percent on advertising and reviews, what s left for the engineer to work with a product cost of 35 dollars each. No wonder almost all Canadian manufacturing of speakers, Canadian name brand speakers, have had to get it all made in China. We are one of very few left, still making it all in Toronto at our factory, and we refuse to move our product to anywhere outside of our own people and our own plants. This week one of my speaker designers and I created two new towers that will sell for around 3500 and around 5000. They are going to be stupendous and all our salespeople are getting so excited about selling 1000 s of them. No other company is doing that. I am proud of the product we make, and every day I try my best to make something better. Most people in my position would be trying to make a new model make more money. I haven t been paid a salary for a few months, our current models are going out to the stores very close to cost, to help them put our best products out the door. Every dealer is not allowed to mark up Nuance past a small percentage as compared to speaker markups. Every dealer realizes his profit on Nuance is slim but the created and discovered sales can be very large. I believe Nuance is the smallest mark up speaker product, from parts and labor cost to customer price. If you really cared to discover the truth about me and my product, you would rewrite the mistakes on your anonymous site. We have a new chat site up and will have a new web site up soon. Hopefully there are some things that I will show and tell about which will bring Nuance into the light. I would love to run some sexy ads showing off our big powered towers. I would also love to have a fancy brochure. I started in the speaker industry in 1965 as a hobbyist, then 1970 retail, then 1971 to 1975 distributor for many imported name brands, then 1975 I started A.P.I. Energy ,and Burhoe Acoustics , and Sound Dynamics. When I left there in 1988 or so, due to the competitive nature of this business the good people of API took my name out of reality and even rewrote who started the company and when. I felt like I was a past head of Russia being written out of the new history books. Anyway undaunted I carried on to start Nuance to follow and build our own reality. A reality where everyone has a spectacular sound recreation system in their lives, all 6 billion of us. I can t help think that this would cause less fighting and more loving on the planet. I challenge you to find out the passion that drives us at Nuance. It s not about the money it would be easier to make a few bucks selling China made Canadian speakers to all the chains, for about 300 a pair, Thanks for reading this. George Baker ceo and founder Nuance.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
So he has no formal training in any of the relevent sciences. I'll look for the sexy ads.

Rogelio D

Agent
What a coincidence.......

I just got an email from Bill Clinton. Anyway, since he plans on being in the White House again in a few years, he wanted to know if I would be the official intern beta tester. :D :D :D

Thankfully, I already have very fulfiling job.

:emoji_thumbsup:

ifor

Auditioning
a couple of years ago, when i lived in Edmonton, AB. i received a piece of paper that was the selling rules for the Nuance speakers. the biggest supporter of Nuance speakers then was International Stereo, which was taken to court for illegal practises for forcing people to buy the speakers using the financing approach. believe me when i say that when you are confronted by 3 people, it was very exhausting trying to say no !!!
anyways, the selling rules listed the cd's and the tracks that they were supposed to use. i was able to see the speakers without there grill covers and the $500 speakers had the exactly same drivers as the $5000 units ! i also met the supposed owner once (didn't know his name) and he stated that he did not use Nuance speakers himself.
this is not a flame but what i have learned over the years being in this business.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't be bragging about the build quality of their speakers if I were them :D It would be fun to actually talk to this guy but I feel he's inhaled a little too much too often to be reasoned with at this point :)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
lol @ shows what they offer.

www.nuanceaudio.com

You will be looking 'til the cows come home for a picture of one of their speakers. Or even specs. Or anything, except on the main page of customer testimonials "Theeeeeeeeeeeere Great!

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I went to their website and clicked on one of the installation manuals. its a one page manual, and its instructions on putting on a nameplate. What garbage.
In his latest email, he sounds like he wants world domination. Wow, hes being conspired against too.

You know how liars start to believe themselves after a while, This guy wrote the book about it, but was then written out of it as if he was a past head of Russia.

John S

Senior HTF Member
AOL address??? Give me a break.....

Man this guy is full of something for sure.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
OK, I'd love to hear more about this "SpatialSound" thingy. Is there something inside that does whatever this is supposed to do? Or is it built into the drivers? Do they make their own drivers?

Actually...nevermind...I really don't care!

Rokzi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rodel
Have you tried forwarding the @aol email to the @nuance.com e-mail address?

If this guy is a fake, he's gonna be in trouble. poor guy.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
No, I haven't bothered. I couldn't be bothered to waste any of my time other than copy and paste this crap on HTF for all to see.

Its obvious its a fraud and just some kid writng, probably one that sells Nuance. Really though, this is the mentality of the entire company - the whole spatial sound gimmick using Q Sound. The entire company is built on lies, this kid writing these emails to me probably has a set of these in his living room and think there the best thing since sliced bread.

Anyway, I hope some *new* folks had their eyes opened after reading this.

taylorWC

Auditioning
It's quite apparent that all of you like to act like children, and none of you have much if any clue about the audio / video industry.
If you had done any actual research, you would have found an article / interview written by Ian Masters (April 2003); this interview was conducted by Ian Masters with George Baker's former partner and current owner of Audio Products International.

Quote"One of Global's customers was the original Audio Products International, which had been started in the mid 1970s by George Baker, one of Canadian audio's more flamboyant characters. API's brands were Sound Dynamics and Energy. The latter was built around one of the landmark speakers of early Canadian audio, the Energy 22, which many people at the time considered among the finest speakers on the market, regardless of origin."

For all of you in this forum who would like to think you know, check it out

mastersonaudio.com/audio/20030415.htm

And last but not least GROW UP

John S

Senior HTF Member
I don't really get the connection to the gist of this thread though.

A. Many of us have experienced the fact these speakers are basically crud.

B. We have some correspondence from an AOL email account that is supposedly a representative of said company.

C. Said correspondence is not really written in a professional manner.

I don't think most of us really care all that much about any particular persons background. For the most part, you have people in this thread that have had some experience with the products and giving some honest opinions on them.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I care about the points I made. I just don't see how your post addresses any of the points I do care some about.

JurgenV

Grip
Are you the same taylorWC that registered all of 10 days ago for the sole purpose of trying to pimp your new nuance speakers in this thread and then didn't bother to show your name again until now, where you are calling other members children? Why, yes, I think it IS you!

Listen, I'm not sorry your plan backfired in your face. The average member here knows a lot more about A/V than all of your nuance sales buddies combined. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Maybe you can listen to some Q-sound wood chopping noises on your "nuance mega huge space atmostphere 33DD" speakers. :laugh:

After all, as long as you enjoy them, it doesn't matter what the educated audio enthusiast thinks.

Cheers.

PS: Stop writing emails to Michael Hein from your AOL account. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks