1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

I found this very Intresting!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Gene M, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Gene M

Gene M Well-Known Member

I was at target last friday, I saw the Munsters complete collection at San Diego area Target stores, I thought to myself I forget all about it! That it came out already! when I looked Sunday's paper yesterday at best buy ad, I saw the munsters complete collection to be on sale this coming tues. then I said to myself WHOA! so the question is Do Target got the exclusive rights to release the munsters set early???? one more thing I could swear I saw Star Wars was also released early the new box sets is also to be released tomorrow!

2. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

That store just made a mistake and put it out early.

3. MattHR

MattHR Well-Known Member

The Munsters set streeted last month (10/7), and I bought mine at Target on the release day. I had checked at Best Buy, but they told me it was in-stock as an "internet only" item.

I did, however, see both Star Wars sets and the new Little House on the Prairie complete set at Target last week, which was a week early for both.

4. TV_Fan

TV_Fan Well-Known Member

Chris H
    Usually the Best Buy & FYE's by me have DVD sets out a week to a few days early. The stores (including online retailers) get the copies early, probably two weeks or so before release date, to make sure they have stock on the street date. Apparently some stores decide to put them out early.

5. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Well-Known Member

Target is notorious for selling street date DVD's earlier than expected. Know what you do? File a complaint with the studio. They can fine Target a hefty fine for breaking the street date rule and that sstudio would refuse to ship Target any of their product.

6. Ian_H

Ian_H Well-Known Member

It would never ever happen. Target is a major retailer and they buy way too much stuff for a studio to take any action.