What's new

I finally got a projector!!!! Panny 500! (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
LaMarcus:

Congrats on the projector purchase. That was a great price that you got the projector for. March 8th, 2002. This was the day that you joined our forum, right? That is a great day anyway as March 8th is my birthday! Small world, eh?

Thanks for the kudos on HTF. Ron and I really appreciate comments from members that tell us that this is "my forum" and that you like the way we have our site set up.

Again. Congrats on the FPTV. You will never go back to regular TV or rear projection again.

BTW, when you have some pictures taken put them up on the theaters page so we can see your HT in action.

Let the movie watching begin!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Wow, thanks Packy. It's just how I feel I love this place, I've passed a couple of college classes because of the HTF. I wrote a paper for English 111 on widescreen vs. fullscreen, I wrote a paper for English 112 that was actually about the Home Theater forum. I got an 'A' on both papers and in both classes.

It's because of this forum that I have progressed as far as I have in hometheater. If not for the HTF:

-I would still have a HTiB (thinking it sounded awesome).

-Never have even heard of an SVS.

-Stopped at a 65" screen.

-Still would be purchasing fullscreen dvd's (even with a widescreen tv)

-Still live in an apartment (I did not want a house, but because of neighbors I needed to have a house to crank it up).

-I purchased many dvd's I would not have, only because the reviews Ron used to give with the screen shots
forced me to get them when he said higly recommened. Actually, because he has stopped doing reviews my dvd purchasing has slowed dramatically.(I guess I should be thankfull ;) )

But I really love this forum, it really feels like a family to me, because we're all a different breed. It feels like a brotherhood here, I welcome any of the members here that I have chatted with to my home and I've never even seen them in person, and I feel it's vice versa. I mean it seems like I actually know Ron-P, Frank Zimakas, Neil Joesph, Gregg Loewen, Micheal TLV (and the list goes on)for years. I don't personally know anyone into hometheater like we are so I can't relate to them about something I love. The people at work can not understand me spending the money I spend on hometheater. Nor can they understand how I can't watch a bootleg movie because of the picture quality and it's not DD. They'll look at me like I'm crazy because they have a movie that's still in theaters and I won't watch it with them because of the sound (even if it's a smuggled copy from the studios with good picture quality), sorry can't watch it.
But I guess I finished with my HTF pep rally.:b

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Oh yeah, I will definitely be posting pictures. I'm going to do some before and after with the grey screen to see if you all can see the difference. But before I can I have to put up two more light cans and finish putting my rack in the wall. And vacuum all the crap off the floor, sheesh.:rolleyes

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
It is so hard to set these damn things up. Getting the pj to fill the whole screen is a bitch!!! Not to mention right distance, height from floor, being centered, etc. It's a real pain in the ass.

Brian Gi

Stunt Coordinator
It does blow, but after 2 hours of getting it right you will have thousands hours of enjoyment.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Okay I took some before pictures yesterday, I'll try to post them today when I get home from work. My digital camera really sucks on dark images so I hope you can see the difference between the picture with a white screen and then the grey screen.

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
Congrats on the new purchase. I remember you asking me about my ae100 wayyyyy back. I now have a z2.
They always say that. :) Next thing you know, you gotta find something to do on a Thursday night cause it's chick flick night. :)
Look forward to the pictures.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
It warms my heart to know that there is another FP person out there. Congrats LaMarcus!!! I've also heard it said that whenever you hear a bell ring, someone else has gotten a front projector (or is it that an angel gets his wings?) Either way, looking forward to the pics.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Okay fellas, I spent yesterday putting up black curtains around the screen, and calibrating the sound, and cleaning up the room. My family (mom, sister, niece and nephew) are driving up from Cincinnati Saturday to view the new theater so I'm trying to have everything done. Needless to say I didn't get a chance to put up the pics.

I also don't want to get you guys hopes up TOO high, as my digital camera like many others really sux when it comes to screen shots. Never the less I will have them posted between today and Sunday. I will also be re-doing my HT webpage, so I will post a thread link here to the construction area when everything is together.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Lamarcus, Just went to your site and no new pics! Come on get to work bud!;)

I got all chocked up when I read this post. It's about damn time you bought a PJ! Just kidding, glad to see you jumped in, I still love my Panny 500 also. I am not much for watching football but when I scan a crossed a 16:9 HD game I just can't change the channel it looks so amazing. We need more HD NASCAR then what we have been getting.

I will keep checking back for your new pics!

Wes

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
:laugh:

Hey Wes. Wes is another one of those guys I feel like I know, I've pestered him enuff with projector questions too, so why should now be any different.:D Wes, I get severe bleeding from red on my pj, why is that? I should mention that I have the chroma bug on my dvd player too. I figure it must be the dvd player causing it. Also when I send interlaced from my player or xbox there is this scrolling I can see in the background it's not flicker, but like if you mess with the virtical hold on an old tv. It's just keeps scrolling in the background, it makes the color change on what ever part of the screen it's on at any particular time. It's crazy!!! I can't see it with HD or 480P, but I want to use the deinterlacer in the pj because I know it's better than the one in my player. But when I do I see that scrolling inthe background, this isn't vertical banding is it? I thought VB was virtical lines, this is horizontal but scrolling virtically. Any thoughts Wes?

**And I tried to get my theater pics up over the weekend, but wouldn't you know it my damn camera started acting up, I'm going to try to fix it today. Because I know how this forum loves pics (myself included ;) ).

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator
The vertically scrolling horizontal bar you describe is ground loop interference. The easiest way to get rid of it is to have the display device (your PJ) and source device (your X-Box) plugged into the same outlet.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Wow, thanks Bob, I had a feeling that that is what it was, see my problem is all my gear is plugged into the same outlet. And I found out that it's the cable wire causing the loop. If I plug my box into another outlet will that get rid of the loop?

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator
Here is a link to a good article on the subject of ground loops: click here. The upshot is that it is the cable company's responsiblity to ensure that the cable, as it enters your home, is properly grounded.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Congrats LaMarcus! :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup: I remember your posts about jumping into FP, welp, better late than never. All this fuss your getting makes me wish I were on the forum (was off for a year and a half) when I got my first FP back in March! :)

And what was said is so true, from this day forth you will desire nothing less than FP!

Enjoy.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Thanks for the congradulations, check this thread to post comments on the new theater. Pics are now UP!!!!

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Just visited your site, I think you have surpassed my theater now!:angry: You have done a great job!

Have you tried different cables, I'm thinking the scrolling might be a bad cable somewhere in the system. How about the long one going to the PJ, could it be the prob. Have you ran S-vid for the noninterlaced? Vertical Banding is ghost like jail bars that do not move. I only see them occasionally, do not consider it a big problem. I have been pleased with my Pioneer Progressive scan and it does SACD and DVD-A which I love.

What all cables did you run up to the PJ? I am using Component for DVD and VGA for my HD. I have also an svid but do not use it.

Try a different DVD player and see if the Red bleeding problem goes away. Are you running HD, I don't remember?

I love the new equipment rack BTW!

Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks