What's new

I confess...I'm sick of beer. I hate it. (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

There's a "W" in Heineken? I think someone's operating their computer under the influence. :D

Pamela

Supporting Actor

Perhaps they are thinking of Löwenbräu, in which the "w" is pronounced as a "v"? I'm not sure how you could confuse Heineken with Löwenbräu, however. :laugh:

When I was in college, we drank copious amounts of Iron City Light. Good old IC Light. Taste was akin to horse piss, but it was cheap and plentiful.

Beer, wine, gin ... it's all good!

DonnyD

Screenwriter
55 years old and don't drink alcohol of any type. Tried to drink with my college buds way back then but found I didn't like the taste or the results of it! I did learn how to be socially acceptable and be the only sober one at a party though!!!

I have two brothers who also don't drink.... well, 1 doesn't drink at all, and the other (retired marine) has a beer now and then......

Being a sober person all my life, I've sure witness a lot of stupid crap due to alcohol!!!!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Is the Franziskaner Hefeweissbier related to Hefeweisen at all? I had one the day after my 21st and it's the best beer I've had. Other than Rolling Rock, all the other stuff I've tried (Sam Adams, Coors Light, Michelob) tasted like crap. I got a bit tipsy that day after my 21st with that beer and a gin and tonic, but I don't ever plan on getting drunk. To top it off, I haven't paid for any of it yet, my friends all bought it for me. :D I have no beef with people who stay sober, because that's how I was before my 21st.

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
Thomas, Franziskaner Hefeweissbier is a hefeweizen. Hefeweizen is a style of beer charaterized by a wheaty flavor and yeast which imparts a banana or bubblegum flavor to it. You also may pick up some coriander and orange peel/citrus flavors as well.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I don't really drink at all. It used to be because of the taste, but I actually acquired a taste for beer for a time.

I just don't drink, because really none of the people I associate with drink, and so there isn't as much pressure. I don't have a problem with people that enjoy having a few, its just not my thing is all. Different strokes for different folks as it were.

Stacey_B

Second Unit
Well, I'll throw in my quick two cents also....
I have kinda a quick story. I started drinking regularly when I was about 18/19 to "fit in". This became and more and more frequent thing because I would be drinking with different people so it wasn't uncommon for me to be drinking 3-4 nights a week because it was always with different people.
Well, by the worst of my drinking days I was drinking alone before I went to work on 3rds (I have easily done a 6 pack and gone into work 2 hours later thinking I was "fine".) Puking wasn't uncommon for me, heck, puking on myself wasn't uncommon. Every Saturday was reserved for drinking and every Sunday was my "day of rest".
Well, Sept of 2002 I got into an accident on the highway coming home from the bar, yeah...I was drinking. It wasn't bad or anything, just a little fender bender and the funny thing was is that it actually wasn't caused by me! But, I got arrested and blahblah...you get the point.
I had to go to 12 meetings of alcoholic annonymous and it's wierd because at my very first meeting I started identifying with what they were saying. I started seeing myself in them, although i didn't want to.
This went on for about a year of me being in denial, although i was trying to "regulate" my drinking.
One particular night I went to my b/f's friend's house (we hung out a lot.) and swore I wasn't going to drink. I swore up and down, even took a coffee and 2 fruit juices! Well, I started with "just one" and needless to say I ended up blacked out and slept with my b/f's best friend! This destroyed me beyond everything in my life and I came home (still in a blackout for the most part) and tried to kill myself. I really didn't think I could live with what I'd done. I have extremely strong morals when it comes to "sleeping around." It's just not something I do.
So...that was the very last night I ever drank...obviously I didn't kill myself, my b/f actually woke up and stopped me right before I was going to. (with a razor on my wrists).
I now have been sober for almost 4 months and have scars that I have to look at every single day for the rest of my life that is obvious to everyone that I've cut myself.
Drinking is not worth it. If you haven't started, just don't. I mean, not everyone will end up an alcoholic but....wow, when I think back to the pain I went through during that time, it amazes me I even lived through it.
The guy I slept with ended up actually telling me he was in love with me and he wanted me to move to CA with him. This floored me because he drank and my b/f doesn't. So, that was what the choice came down to and obviously, I'm still in Michigan. But...I actually did end up sleeping with the guy again before everything was over.
It's hard to imagine how messed up drinking can make your mind. I think about that guy a lot now, in CA...partying his life away. Honestly, it was a hard choice for me and it shoudln't have been.
I should say drinking has never done anything good for me but that's not true. I've had a lot of good times drinking until my alcoholism took hold. Don't get the wrong picture of me either, I wasn't one of those hopeless people who sat around with their mix drinks every morning. I was a compleatly functioning alcoholic who somehow managed to graduate college and work full time most of the way through. I can't say I haven't puked at every job I've had due to hangover but...I always made it in.
I'm so thankful I'm sober today...I am envious of you who are still young and already know you don't want to drink. I'm only 24 and I could still be out partying but i've already had a lifetime full of it.
I know I've rambled forever but...if anyone can learn anything from my story...I mean, you don't have to picture those bums on the street when you think of an alchoholic, I'm a college student just like you guys, but I'm an alcoholic.
Don't drink if you can avoid it...tell people to screw off. I had to change my entire life and every friend I had when I quit drinking. To be honest, I cried for nearly a month when I quit. But to me, there was no way I could keep drinking after everything that had happened. I Had to change....sigh..I've rambled enough...
I'm sorry...:)
Stacey

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
You see, this, I strongly disagree with. I sympathise with you, but the fact is the vast majority of people who drink (which is the vast majority of people) are NOT alcoholics, not even close! From where I stand, that you ended up the way you did has less to do with alcohol and more to do with you.

--
H

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Well, then, why don't you regale us with some tales of why drinking is such a valuable and necessary part of life? Tell us why those who've not started should, and what makes it all "worth it."

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Okay, now it's going to get interesting! :)

But seriously, thanks for sharing Stacey.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm, you will not drag me down there with you. I will simply say that I never said alcohol was a necessary part of life. The logic of my post was simple, and stated clearly. Your inability to understand it is your business.

--
H - Me done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks