What's new

I cant get the surround to work on TV channels!!! (1 Viewer)

pandaninja

Auditioning
Real Name
Alicia Ray
I have a Samsung S4250 and a Sony 5.1 surround sound/DVD player DAVDZ175. I cant get the sound to work on tv channels...I remember when i originally hooked up the tv and surround sound there was something in one of the menus that i had to change. I have all the cords hooked up correctly - HDMI & digital optical (no red/white/yellow hookup on sony)...can someone please tell me what i need to do? i miss my surround sound :'(

gartronics

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garry
Firstly, not all tv channels send a surround signal. Some channels are only stereo so they will not have surround unless you have a simulated surround effect on your system. You may just have to play around in the audio menu. Maybe a setting that says "downmix" or "pro logic" Once you are sure you got the audio mode right there should be a setting that allows you to adjust volume levels for each channel. I usually turn the surrounds up all the way, of coarse that's not the optimal way nut they will for sure be heard. Hope this helps you.

pandaninja

Auditioning
Real Name
Alicia Ray
Thank you for your response. On the surround sound it is set on pro logic, there is something I need to change on the tv's menu but I can't remember what it was and I can't find the manual.....

gartronics

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garry
Maybe you have to activate the audio out option in the tv, or set the mode. I tried to look up"Samsung S4250" and it just finds fugifilm cameras and other non relevant junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks