What's new

I can't get the Mitsu out of the basement! (1 Viewer)

jcampagna42

Auditioning
Real Name
joe campagna
I have a 65" Mitsu (WS-65905) that I inherited from the prior owner of my house. This thing is big! Its in the basement and its gotta go, as the new Panny plasma is on its way. The problem is that I can't figure out how this thing comes apart. I have an owners manual, but it doesn't cover dis-assembly.
No way it got into the basement in 1 piece.
So, any ideas of how to take it apart, without screwing it up? It works fine, so I'd like to sell it.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
These are usually listed as having a two piece cabinet and should be fairly easy to disassemble. I may have a service manual but won't have access to it until Monday at work. If no one here has any ideas then someone at the AVS forum should have some thoughts. (I noticed your post there) or do a search in the "Don't dump your CRT RPTV" thread over there. It may have been mentioned in the past.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
The cabinet should be very easy to seperate. These use either 2 screws on each side (possibly covered by plastic caps) and the top lifts off. Some have a plastic strip on the side seam and some have one screw on each side on the back. All the screws are just below the seam.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I have a 65807 and it is huge fortunately I have a two card garage that I can wheel it directly out in. I'm looking to sell mine as well. It's a great set but has gotten little use since I got my Projector Downstairs a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks