What's new

I cant find anyone to converge my projector! (1 Viewer)

Seven Araujo

Stunt Coordinator
hey im just wondering, does anyone know anyone in the northern NJ area that can converge my PG 9+ with point convergence board?
I cant converge a HD input for some reason,i could with the barco but this whole making it 16:9 is driving me nuts
HELP :)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
you need to get ahold of Dave Harper. He is an old crt guy that can really make your unit shine.

Best

Gregg

Seven Araujo

Stunt Coordinator
i havent heard back from him,so i guess i have to keep looking :frowning:
any other local recommendations?

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen

Seven Araujo

Stunt Coordinator
thankks gregg,shot him a email through that contact page,but it was on your site so im not sure if it went :)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
If I understand things correctly...you are trying to get 16X9 out of a 4:3 tv. Thus, not a convergence issue...you are looking to change height on the image. When I was in college, there was an engineer who would take 16MM anamorphic prints...transfer to video...and the video would "force" the monitor to squeeze the image, preserving the widescreen image. I "think" that is what you are trying to do.

That being stated, I think vertical height is the issue...not convergence.

Seven Araujo

Stunt Coordinator
i did,i send contact info yesterday,i am hoping he will call soon.
I think its not a Vertical height thing,its more or a scan rate thing,its actually more of a "I am used to old barco's with pots to converge than a remote that i cant seem to make go the way i want" Thing :)
i think im going to give it another go today,seeing as i havent touched it in a year and some odd months..maybe i'll be more successful this time? i dunno,we'll see.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys
Scooter is FOS on this one :) ....it is a crt PJ, it can do anything you want it to (if you know what to do)>
Give Dan some time to respond...he would have arrived in Vegas on Thursday for the upcoming CES show...he will be swamped all week.
Regards
Gregg

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Ummm..is FOS a good thing? Or is it short for FiOS??? ;)

Edit to Add: DOH!!! I get it!!!

Greg, isn't he more wanting to change height of the image rather than converging the colors/tubes? With my old Zenith CRT, convergence was making the lines white...and narrowing the height was squishing the image, re. anamorphic.

Seven Araujo

Stunt Coordinator
so anyone have a FAQ or DIY guide to doing this;)
no ones got back to me,i'm tired of waiting...i'm gonna try a diy ;)

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
Too bad I didn't see this thread sooner. I'm very good at and comfortable with CRT PJs, and I'll be in northern NJ for the next 3 days. The sad thing is, I only have half a day free, and that's tomorrow evening. I just did full cal on a Runco 950, which is similar to the 6PG, down in NC. It took 12 hours, but it sure looks stunning! I do make it out here every few months, though, so if you want you can contact me for a future date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks