What's new

I bought a Panny S35 DVD player, but I'm not getting 5.1 DTS or DD sound!!?? (1 Viewer)

kurt_fire

Stunt Coordinator
I have the audio hooked up through an Acoustic Research fiber optic cable to my Onkyo R500 Receiver. I have the Onkyo HTS 650 system by the way. How do I get this new DVD player to put out 5.1 sound? I am only getting 2.1 sound, even though the display on my receiver shows "DTS" or "Dolby Digital." I went into it's "setup" menu, and selected "bistream" for both DTS and DD. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know for a fact that all my speakers and subwoofer are connected correctly, and they do work. How do I get the s35 to put out 5.1 sound and not 2.1?

JoeHard

Stunt Coordinator
My buddy had the same problem when he hooked his Sony DVD
To his Onkyo TX 575. The manual says the digital coax is the default 5.1 input and you have to turn it off at the reciever.I don't know what you're supposed to do if you have more than 1 digital source. We never figuired out how to switch over so we just hooked it up with a coax.Wish I could be more help. good luck

Frank_Ber

Agent
Press "Surround" in your remote while playing the "DTS" or "Dolby Digital" tracks. If that doesn't not work, try pressing "A.Surr" or "DSP". If your press "stereo," your will only get 2.1 sound even on DTS and DD. I also have the Onkyo HTS 650 system.

kurt_fire

Stunt Coordinator
ok, thanks Ber. I pressed "surround" and it is putting out sound from all 5 speakers. Even though sound is coming out of all the speakers, why when I push "display" is says the audio is only 2.1 DTS, when all 5 are making sound? thanks.

Frank_Ber

Agent
Are you pressing "display" on your DVD remote? If so, and 2.1 DTS is displayed on your TV, then you are playing a DVD with a 2.1 soundtrack. What DVD are you trying to play?

Does 2.1 DTS encoded tracks exist? I thought that all DTS are 5.1 but I may be wrong.

kurt_fire

Stunt Coordinator
Frank,

sound is coming out of all 5 speakers, but when I hit "display" it is saying 2.1, not 5.1. I'm positive these are 5.1 DVDs. It is saying this for every DVD I put in. I'm confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks