1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

I am so excited

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by JohnWM, May 22, 2004.

1. JohnWM

JohnWM Member

I have been reading this forum for about 6 months now and have never posted before. First let me say that I want to thank everyone upfront for a quality forum with great really helpful information.

I guess you could say I am a recycled audio junkie. I am sure I will date my self but I used to be so into this stuff that I still have an original advent outboard dolby unit. This was sold for reel to reels before dolby became standard and included in everything. I still own a pair of Large Advents and Polk 10's that are older than most of you. I just threw away my first cd player. I laughed when I realized it was a Yamaha CD-1. It was mfg in August of 1985. I remember there were probably 5 CD's available at that time.

Well for the past 15 yrs life and family got in the way of my addiction. This past Christmas, I started to delve into HT.

I know this is long and I apologize. The reason I could not wait anymore is that after much reading from this and other forums, I purchased an SVS 25-31pc+ this past week. I have driven Ron crazy over the past several months with what I am sure are the same questions he gets from most. It is my understanding it should ship on Monday and I should get mid week next week.

I have to echo all the positive posts about this company. No question too small and the feedback has been great. I have auditioned a 20-39csi locally and was way impressed. It appears many svs owners are similar to the company because this guy, I had never met before, opened his house to me and let me listen and play as long as I wanted.

Anyway, I will post my reactions when it arrives and I have set it up.

Not to say I was preparing, but bought the radio shack sound meter back in January, just in case.

Thanks again to all of you with your great information. I learn everyday!

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, John. Lurk no more and post frequently!

3. MarkWC

MarkWC Well-Known Member

Congrats with your purchase, let the floodgates open!!

4. MikeLi

MikeLi Well-Known Member

Once you have an SVS you'll never go back except maybe to get a bigger one someday from them.

5. steve nn

steve nn Well-Known Member

What a kind-thoughtful post John. I hope you post more in the future and the 25-31+ is one nice ride.

6. Tim Ranger

Tim Ranger Well-Known Member

Congrats on your re entry into this hobby of ours. Enjoy yourself!

7. Dwayne-S

Dwayne-S Active Member

Welcome John. I too am a newby to the SVS revolution. I received my PB2+ in less than a week. I am totally blown away with the depth and output. Movies are now an interactive experience and I have turned my family in bass junkies - selecting movies based on potential bass output and special effects. Like you, I read the posts, exchanged e-mail, and was both intrigued and a little skeptical. After listening, my skepticism is completely gone. You wont be disappointed.

8. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Well-Known Member

Don't forget your set-up disk! [​IMG]

9. JohnWM

JohnWM Member

Garrett I am assuming you mean the DVE or Avia disk? Or does it come with a USB port and firmware!!!! LOL

I actually have both and just waiting to hear that tone!!!