What's new

I am in Remote Codes Hell! Help please.. (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I have a Panasonic PV-7670 and, honest to God, the dog ate the remote!!!! So..I have tried replacements but none have all the functions, notably to bring up the on screen menu!

I read something about hidden toggle codes or something like that...and am lost. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have found the One For All Cinema 7+ to be a very good remote. I get all the functions I need for my receiver, DVD player, VCR, cable box, and TV. This remote also comes with 4 learning buttons per device. At $25 it is a great deal.

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
Get a cinema 7 and go to Link Removed or e-mail One-for-all and they will send you all of the 'advanced' codes for your requested devvice..

Mark Hobbs

Stunt Coordinator
I would recommend the Sony VL900. It can learn to any button, so you don't even have to use the codes if you don't want to - just teach any button from your old remote to any button on the vl900. It can control 8 devices, and it has 11 macro buttons that you can program a series of up to 16 commands. It sells for $59 at Best Buy but you can find it for $40 online.

I have had no trouble teaching every button from 4 different remotes into the VL900. And my wife loves the macros. Press one button to turn everything on and configure audio and video to play a DVD. Press that button again and everything turns off. Press another button to turn on and configure everything for TV, etc, etc.

My vl900 is currently controlling:

Denon 1802 receiver

Sony ns500v DVD/SACD player

Phillips TiVo

Sony WEGA TV

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Mark,

Scooter's problem is that he doesn't have the old remote to teach the new remote. The dog ate it. That's why he needs the codes so HE can teach it.

teach...learn...dog...old tricks...hmmmm

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
call 1-800-remotes. you should be able to order a replacement remote if you have the model #

John Sully

Stunt Coordinator
I'm surprised that the OFA remotes don't have all the necessary codes. Check this site and look for the advanced codes for the Panasonic VCRs.
Of course you could always get a Pronto :)

Mark Hobbs

Stunt Coordinator
Mark,

Scooter's problem is that he doesn't have the old remote to teach the new remote. The dog ate it. That's why he needs the codes so HE can teach it.

Oh, sorry about that. I misunderstood. Any chance you could go to the store you bought the Panasonic at and use one of their remotes to teach to your learning remote?

It has been my experience that remote codes don't always have EVERY button programmed. It sounds like that is what you are running up against now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks