What's new

I am a freak and I hate my body (1 Viewer)

CaseyLS

Second Unit
I went to the mall today to pick up some new jeans because it is starting to cool down a little bit. First, I went to American Eagle, they had a pair of 36x32 so I tried them on even though I wear a 36x36. They were way too short so I asked the clerk if they had any in my size. He started chuckling and said they don't carry anything over 32 length. Now repeat this for the Gap, Maurices, and Aeropostale.

I was able to find one pair of 36 extra-long at the Buckle but I don't feel like spending $55 on one pair of jeans. I then moved onto PacSun. There I found one pair of 36x34 that were long enough but they were so baggy I wouldn't were them in a dark room with 3 blind people. So basically I wasted a trip to the mall. You would think it would be possible to find one or two reasonably priced pair of jeans in my size. God, I wish I was a normal sized person.

Oh yeah, do any of you taller guys know any good places online to order jeans?

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
This is why I feel genetic testing should be done on children and if they're going to be over 5'6" then corrective surgery at a young age should solve that problem.

In short, tall people piss me off. :D

LewB

Screenwriter
Same problem here, except my inseam is less than 30". I guess I have it slightly easier in that they can shorten pants as long as the rest of the proportions aren't too bad. Have you tried something online like Eddie Bauer ?

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Two words: Eddie Bauer.

Their retail shops have the usual limited size ranges, but the Eddie Bauer online store carries jeans I think up to 38". Some models are even hemmed to your specified length, free of charge...A blessing for short men like me! ;)

Good quality, excellent customer service online and B&M...My only gripe is that they gauge a bit on shipping and handling.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Eddie Bauer is a good choice if your looking for 30/36 or 36/36 or the gamut in between. If you have an Eddie Bauer near you and order from the phones in the store, shipping is free, or it was last time I bought from there. You might also check with some of your local dept stores. They order various brands/lines in different sizes and can give you that information. I have teenage son's who are thin and tall (surprise) so we go through this all the time.

wally

Second Unit
Lands' End. They have inseams to 38"

I have been purchasing from Lands' End for almost 30 years and have not a single complaint. The customer service is second to none. They were acquired by Sears recently so you might even have a chance to try them on, at a Sears store, prior to buying. If not, the return/exchange policy is painless.

Good luck.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I'm also a 36x36 and have no trouble finding jeans in that size at Mervyn's but only in Levi 550s. Online try L.L. Bean, Eddie Bauer, or my latest favorite Cabela's. All have multiple styles in that size. I gave up shopping for clothes at the mall many years ago and big and tall stores all seem to stress the big end of the range so online is the best way to go.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Casey:

I wear 38/36 and have no problem finding pants. Stores might be problematic, but as some said already Eddie Bauer is a good source.

Online though, The Gap, Eddie Bauer, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Abercrombie all have a good selection of pants in those sizes.

Actually I have been finding jeans for as low as $9.99 at the GAP online that sell intheir stores for as much as $50 !!!

You don't have an odd size believe me.

CaseyLS

Second Unit
Thanks for the help guys. Since the have the styles and sizes I need I am going to order some from Old Navy.

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
do you have a levi's store around your area, well they have a machine that makes custom jeans to your body with laser...it's about 55 dollars and it takes 2 weeks to get your house but it's well worth it because it's custom!!!!

abercrombie makes larger sizes....

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Why aren't threads with titles like this ever written by women? :) I could have offered all sorts of help, in that case. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I love Gap boot cut jeans, they're the only ones that fit me right. And they offer 28 waist and XS shirt sizes for short people like me! :emoji_thumbsup:

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Joe, oh we do write threads like this, just not typically at forums that are male dominated :)

I have a 26" inseam and even the "short" jeans are at least 4 inches too long. I can't find jeans that fit me, except those that are $50. I stopped caring, though, and just spend the money. It's really a small price to pay to find something stylish that fits properly (mostly).

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I basically wear 32-30 even though my inseam is a bit shorter than 30. I fit a 31" waist better too but most of my jeans are legacy jeans so I just wear a belt on the more relaxed 32" waisted jeans out there.

I have found that sometimes I can buy the largest kids size which typically has shorter inseams. My convertable hiking pants are actually a kids size. Bonus too that they are cheaper than buying adult sizes if you can fit into kids clothes.

Jay

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I'm a 34-36, and buy all my stuff at JC Penny. They have always had a good selection of 36 inseams and a decent bigg and tall section.

Steer-Clear of the Dockers though, I'm just beginning to learn how cheaply made they actually are. All my cuffs by the shoe are worn. See this thread:

Dockers Suck-Ass

Been buying Dockers for 15 years now - reluctantly.

BTW, I'm 6'7".

Brett_H

Second Unit
38x36 here. 6'5" and loving it, despite the occasional clothes shopping problem. Oh, and my wife is 6', so I'd imagine our future kids are going to go through this problem even more than we do.

As others have mentioned, Eddie Bauer is the only store in the mall that I can shop at. Recently, this has gotten even harder as two of the three malls that are somewhat local have closed their EB stores. I've never ordered clothes online because of the variance I've found in most clothes. You'd think if one shirt labeled as "XL-Tall" fit fine, then they all would, but nooooo....

-Brett.

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
I'm 36x36 as well.

I just bought 2 pair of Levi's from Kohl's for ~$25 each (I don't remember the exact price).

Eddie Bauer is another good source.

Matt

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
What's really bad is to be really big and really tall. I'm 6'7", and *no one* makes a 6XLT. I guess the manufacturers have decided you're either one or the other, but not both. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks