1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hypothetical collection replacement scernario:

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by StephenP, Feb 16, 2006.

1. StephenP

StephenP Well-Known Member

Lets just say you lost your dvd collection (fire, theft, whatever) and you received maybe 10$ a disc from insurance. Assume all your old titles are now available in HD (both formats - I dont want that argument again in this thread) Would you buy only HD (say $30) titles until you ran out of money, or are some films only worth an SD (say $15) copy?
    I think for me, I would only replace the discs I thought were worthy of spending $30 on, and probably would buy no SD copies. If the film isnt worth buying in HD, I probably wouldnt watch it again anyway.
    I have no idea why this question popped in my head. Your mind does strange things when you lie in bed at night.

2. StephenA

StephenA Well-Known Member

I'd buy ones that are most important to me on HD. I might not replace the others right away or at all.

3. Rolando

Rolando Well-Known Member

likely HD all the way.

if I still had my collection I might not upgrade it all, like some TV shows but if starting from scratch? definitely all HD.