What's new

HURRY HURRY SINBAD TITLES PRE-ORDER (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
not to complain, but then I know it is, I pre ordered, actually was waiting for the page to change, maybe it had something to do with trying to get a free copy of Mindwarp or something. there has been lots of complaints as to the type or company that SAE is using for shipping now, maybe it helps them keep cost down, I don't know. what I do know is I live in VA, probably less than a 5 hour drive from where these are coming from, and the last shipment (last order prior to this went to Atlanta then Chicago to someplace in OH then WV before getting dropped off via UPS to a post office to route that then took another 3-4 days) almost 11-12 days from the date of release I got my order.

from what others are saying in the thread, I am not so, patiently waiting for these to show, but as I called on Wed and spoke with someone who said they are on there way, well its Saturday night, my order status still shows pending, and have yet to receive an e-mail that anything is shipped. I wish that SAE had the option to go straight UPS for shipping,

it would be nice if TT would address this delay either here or on their Facebook page, because the silence is not sending a good message. even if its snow storm related, that you be all that they needed to say. I was happy when B2MP explained the delay for The Puppetoon Movie, and Synapses did the same for its Demons releases.

sorry for the rant, and I am jealous, that I have to watch Despicable Me 2 again, was looking forward to some Ray magic!!!!! this weekend, well maybe next.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
I am currently somewhat disappointed and frustrated with Screen Archives - both Sinbad titles shipped on 12/6 and I won't get them until tomorrow at the earliest ( at east 10 days !). Despite paying $5 per title shipment cost, this delivery service is worse than ordering titles elsewhere which include a free shipping option!

Regards,

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Peter Apruzzese said:
Did a quick scan through both of these and they look and sound great. Curiously, despite what its packaging says, Golden Voyage is presented in 1.66 (Eye of the Tiger is 1.85).

Also did a quick comparison between both BDs and SDs (last DVD issued). Golden Voyage is indeed 1.66, but the SD is 1:85:1 like you said, but it looks zoomed in. The BD looks much better, more info all around.

The picture on both BDs look fantastic compared to the SDs. The color is brighter, richer and just the right amount of grain.

I'm glad I updated my SDs with these BDs! Can't go wrong with these two!!!

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, my shipping is taking over a week as well. "Mail Innovations" is one of those oxymorons like "Army Intelligence." For the price we're paying for these discs -- I ordered six titles (three are Xmas gifts) -- prompter service would certainly be expected. Seriously, USPS Priority Mail would be a hell of a lot quicker. I sent a ton of Xmas CDs out to friends and family on Friday and most across the country got it by today (Monday). I paid $10 for shipping and these titles are crawling here as if by Pony Express. And I ordered within the first five minutes they went live on the preorder on the 20th.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Another day, another shipment that hasn't arrived. If it doesn't come by Friday, I'm screwed because we're leaving Saturday and three of the titles I ordered were Xmas presents. This is definitely going to put a damper on my desire to ever order Twilight Time titles again.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Mine showed up today. Won't be able to watch them right away, as I have to temporarily tear down my HT so pest control can get at some unwanted houseguests. Damn termites!

Hope everyone else gets their copies soon!

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Mark Cappelletty said:
Another day, another shipment that hasn't arrived. If it doesn't come by Friday, I'm screwed because we're leaving Saturday and three of the titles I ordered were Xmas presents. This is definitely going to put a damper on my desire to ever order Twilight Time titles again.
Between two potential sellouts, the silly season in full bloom, two winter storms, and a new shipping system, problems were bound to happen. If SAE's your problem, there's always TCM or Amazon.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
BPullen said:
Between two potential sellouts, the silly season in full bloom, two winter storms, and a new shipping system, problems were bound to happen. If SAE's your problem, there's always TCM or Amazon.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I ordered the 3 titles at the stroke of 3 CST on the first day. Still waiting for shipment notification. My previous order (Oliver!, Jane Eyre, etc), was treated the same way. I kept reading about a lot of people enjoying the releases up to 2 weeks before I got the shipment notification. However, I am a patient man and don't need instant gratification, so I can wait.
I wonder, though, if you order all 3 titles, do you go to the back of the line?

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
bujaki said:
I ordered the 3 titles at the stroke of 3 CST on the first day. Still waiting for shipment notification. My previous order (Oliver!, Jane Eyre, etc), was treated the same way. I kept reading about a lot of people enjoying the releases up to 2 weeks before I got the shipment notification. However, I am a patient man and don't need instant gratification, so I can wait.
I wonder, though, if you order all 3 titles, do you go to the back of the line?
In a manner of speaking, they appear to ship the 1 or 2 item orders first and focus on the East Coast before branching out. I've always bought every title on pre-sale and tend to have 3 or more titles inbound each month. Despite being one of the first to order, my stuff consistently ships on the 3rd or 4th day. This is a small company. There are certain realities. I try not to sweat it.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Mark Cappelletty said:
Don't you have the tracking info for this? UPS Mail Innovations lists an expected delivery date that us usually correct. Warner Archive usually ships through Innovations (usually free) and I've never had a package later than the listed estimated date of delivery which is usually up to 6 days after shipment. So you should be able to check on whether it will be too late or not.
BPullen said:
If SAE's your problem, there's always TCM or Amazon.
I really don't think Amazon will ship any different since it's a marketplace listing that probably ends up shipping out the usual way. TCM is certainly a viable alternative, though they tend to also be kinda slow unless you're willing to pay for the faster shipping fees. Then again, they don't stack shipping costs unlike SAE so maybe paying for the faster methods might actually be cheaper when buying in bulk. That is, if TCM Shop didn't have a $5 markup on each TT item. Maybe with coupons?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I don't think there is an imminent danger of the SINBAD titles selling out (and TT will presumably post on its site when the numbers are getting low). There is, however, a discrepancy with regards to the maximum # of copies that can be ordered... their main page says "Limited To 1 Copy Per Customer," while the description pages for both of these say the limit is "Two." A little consistency would be nice.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
JoHud said:
Don't you have the tracking info for this? UPS Mail Innovations lists an expected delivery date that us usually correct. Warner Archive usually ships through Innovations (usually free) and I've never had a package later than the listed estimated date of delivery which is usually up to 6 days after shipment. So you should be able to check on whether it will be too late or not.

I really don't think Amazon will ship any different since it's a marketplace listing that probably ends up shipping out the usual way. TCM is certainly a viable alternative, though they tend to also be kinda slow unless you're willing to pay for the faster shipping fees. Then again, they don't stack shipping costs unlike SAE so maybe paying for the faster methods might actually be cheaper when buying in bulk. That is, if TCM Shop didn't have a $5 markup on each TT item. Maybe with coupons?
The UPS Mail Innovations tracking date was for yesterday-- and the tracking seems to have stopped in San Leandro (400 miles to the north of where I am in Los Angeles) on Monday. I tried calling Mail Innovations and got an automated message that they are too busy to accept calls (unlike regular UPS or USPS, who you can reach with a little patience), so it's anyone's guess when it will arrive. I both emailed and left messages with SAE and haven't heard back. I am usually very patient with shipments when it's just for me, but as these are time-sensitive Xmas gifts, it's driving me crazy. If I had even an inkling of a thought that these wouldn't make it before we leave on the 21st, I wouldn't have bought them as presents in the first place. I've bought TT titles from the start and never had any issues with them before this (and their use of Mail Innovations). I'm likely to take the TCM option in the future.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
That's strange. Hopefully it updates soon, though it's possible you won't get a further update until it's at your local post office. Tracking tends to cease once it's on its last leg.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Dick said:
I don't think there is an imminent danger of the SINBAD titles selling out (and TT will presumably post on its site when the numbers are getting low). There is, however, a discrepancy with regards to the maximum # of copies that can be ordered... their main page says "Limited To 1 Copy Per Customer," while the description pages for both of these say the limit is "Two." A little consistency would be nice.
Sadly, there are already people scalping these on Ebay.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Update. I contacted Twilight Time via Facebook and they forwarded on my complaints to SAE.

>>
Hi Mark--SAE informed us today that owing to "Innovations" not working as well as they hoped, SAE is now switching back to the original Priority / First Class arrangement. We realize this has come to late for your gifts, but at least it's a step in the right direction…>>

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Still waiting for my order to arrive, but I understand the difficulties SAE have had in delivering the Sinbad titles to their customers, thanks to the unexpected weather problems they've encountered...will continue to wait patiently... :mellow:

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
My titles FINALLY turned up today. UPS Mail Innovations tracking stopped on Monday and I'd given up any hope of seeing them before Christmas. Happy to check out my Sinbads when I get back from Ohio next weekend -- just glad my gifts got here on time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks