What's new

Human Finger found in Wendy's Chili (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Ever give a thought to the idea that someone who just accepts the status quo without bothering to educate themselves is the one truly relying on "blind faith". Perhaps Fast Food Nation was an eye opener for them because it was their first educational foray into the industry.

In my experience it's not uncommon for education to actually change a person's views.

Again it is obvious that you have no idea what the real focus of the book is but you are still willing to dismiss as "sad" those who have bothered to read the book and educate themselves.

In my opinion "sad" is one who is uneducated yet dismisses those who are.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Why is it sad for a book to have an effect on people? If I were to be said about something, it would be more about the effect of TV & Radio on people vs. the effect of books. I'm not saying that books should be blindly believed, but I'd take my chances with a book any day vs. the other two format that I mentioned.

I haven't read it yet, but I will be before too long.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Woman Drops Lawsuit

She decides she won't sue Wendy's afterall. Wendy's still wants a full investigation.

The store itself, however, appears to be ready to close, suffering an almost 50% drop in business :frowning:

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Pahrump, NV (where did they get that name...The Little Drummer Boy?) is 0ver 500 miles down the road from San Jose CA.
Wonder if the investigators on the "Finger Caper" will find a connection?

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Mark, if you ever read Fast Food Nation you will realize it is a very informative and well-written book. One of the best I have read in recent years in fact - a lot of candid interviews with food scientists, CEOs, consumers, marketing staff, fast food staff, etc. It does not demonize the industry nor does it glorify it. Every subject is treated with respect and has a good list of footnotes you can check yourself if you wish.

The book is more of a historical account of the industry, although much more personable than a dry historian's account.

It is not a polemic. The only agenda is to inform and give you a sense of wonder on how far food science has gone. Like any good book, there are many ways of looking at the subject. The choice is yours.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

It could be worse. Imagine if this had happened to the fast food place that advertises that their food is "finger-licking good". :D

Hmmm ... if the store was forced to close, would this mean that the woman had given the store "the finger"? And if a customer (no particular one) were to plant a finger and get caught, would the prison serve them "finger food"? Would the store clerks "finger" the customer on the witness stand? :p)

If someone were to plant a finger in an attempt to get an award/settlement, and they got away with it, would that make the digit a "gold finger"? Uh-oh ... are those rotten tomatoes and rubber chickens flying this way? ;)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
looks like it was a hoax. I just saw on the news that they are holding her with one count of grand larceny.

I thought it was a hoax all along. I just found the ladies story odd.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member

Maybe, but she's been arrested and it seems the only evidence presented is that Wendy's lost sales. That seems equally fishy.

Chris Derby

Second Unit
actually, she had two grand larceny warrants. one was for the wendy's finger hoax. the other was for falsely representing herself in a home purchase. she "allegedly" sold a mobile home (that she did not own) and the victim lost $11,000.

she also reportedly received $30,000 from El Pollo Loco after her "daughter got sick."

she has a history of this. this woman is a grifter, period.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
The arrest had no direct connection to "Chili-Gate." During the investigation, the authorities uncovered the fraud charge relating to the home sale.

The police have determined that the finger did not come from Wendy's, but have not yet said that Ayala put it there. I felt bad for the franchise owner who spoke today at the police press conference. If I lived there, I would make an effort to buy a few meals at the now infamous location.

My guess is that she will soon admit to the hoax in some sort of plea bargain.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
It's too bad this bitch doesn't have any money. She's caused plenty of economic damage to Wendy's.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
That's why I wish we brought back some barbaric justice to America. Perhaps tying her to the Wendy's sign and having that franchise sell chili to customers who then get to throw it at her. That would be SO FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!! and it would also help Wendy's recover some of their lost chili sales ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks