What's new

Hulu to charge for TV show episodes in 2010 (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Apparently, this is more for those who a) don't have a DVR, b) don't have cable, and c) don't mind watching on their laptop/monitor (unless you have a HTPC hooked up to your TV). I guess $10/mo is cheaper than getting cable + DVR.

The elephant in the room is an even more cost effective method.

BTW, this could be much more value added if you could stream to your phone. That would make the $10 much more attractive.

But yeah, the commercials thing is just... nonsensical.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Problem is, without addressing the elephant in the room.. the elephant in the room (with regards to anything broadcast over free airwaves) has already had it's day in the supreme court.. and one side lost. In 1983. Now, for paid-network content, people are right.. but the networks are struggling with how to get around that ruling now, and fear of really trying to corner the elephant, and whether or not they could get another bite in front of a different supreme court and get a different result.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

BTW, this could be much more value added if you could stream to your phone. That would make the $10 much more attractive.

But yeah, the commercials thing is just... nonsensical.

Ah ... but that's the point: You *can* stream to your phone! At least, if your phone is an iPhone 4 or a iPhone 3GS running iOS4.

As far as "paying for commercials": You're already doing that if you pay for a cable or Direct TV service!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Joseph Bolus

Ah ... but that's the point: You *can* stream to your phone! At least, if your phone is an iPhone 4 or a iPhone 3GS running iOS4.
As far as "paying for commercials": You're already doing that if you pay for a cable or Direct TV service!

Perhaps I should have stated, "stream to MY phone" instead. I must have skipped the iPhone/iPad part.

For the simple sacrifice of not watching live, I can skip the commercials. I cannot do so with Hulu.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks