What's new

Hullabaloo (1 Viewer)

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
Yes, this appears to be a recycling of material from the previously-released volumes in "Best of" compilations (as opposed to the originally-released complete shows).

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I was excited for a second. I will pass. I hate best of clip shows. I want full episodes. I can accept best of's here with several full episodes of the series selected though.

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sayers
The PBS dvd's from a few months back DID have some new clips added that weren't on the original 4 dvd's MPI put out. I assume these new dvd's are the same as the PBS ones?

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sayers
Now that I looked at the track listings for these, I'll pass for sure. No Rolling Stones or any of the "cooler" groups, these look like mostly middle of the road or "light" acts. Wimpy-poo-poo.

John DeAngelis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John DeAngelis
I pulled out my old Hullabaloo DVDs for comparison and I can see that the new sets definitely feature some new material. But the original 3 DVDs provide over 13 hours of viewing, while these 4 new sets look like their total time is probably less that 5 hours.

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Thanks for the info, John. Having got the original MPI sets, I'd be interested in buying this for the new material. Yes, it would be nice to have all the complete shows but sometimes you have to just take what you can get.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Surely no one with any sense or knowledge of how music licensing works can possibly expect that a show like this would ever be released in complete form.

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
David Rain said:
Surely no one with any sense or knowledge of how music licensing works can possibly expect that a show like this would ever be released in complete form.
Do you mean complete as in the entire run of the series, or complete as in a show in it's entirety? The previous MPI releases were complete shows. (The only exception being one song cut from a "Top Of The Pops" medley on the DVD version that was intact on the VHS release).

MPI has been fairly aggresive at tackling tough clearance items, including episodes of "Music Scene". I'll be interested to see the outcome of their current project - a release of "The Bobby Darin Show".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks