What's new

HUGE DVD SALE at overstock.com!!! (1 Viewer)

Jon Torres

Second Unit
Woohoo! My order arrived today. I ordered my 6 movies on 3/7, shipped on 3/9, and they arrived today 3/13. Everything turned out perfect. All the DVDs are the versions I expected. Good packaging, fast service.

Also, if you haven't checked yet, look at your account at overstock.com and find your ups tracking #. That's how I knew it was coming today. It ships out of Utah, so it might take a couple more days for people on the east coast.

Jon Torres

Second Unit
On my jurassic park dvd, there was a sticker "CVS 23.99". Isn't CVS a store or something? Maybe they cleared out their stock of dvds.

rodney wiley

Second Unit
Here in Roanoke cvs is a drug store that just went south! Didnt know they sold dvd's but its not supprising seeing as they also sold lawn mowers

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Ordered my 6 LATE Friday (may be very early Sat), with the $20 off. Shipped 3/11 and arrived today and everything looks good, always fun to see what belly up places they came from:angry: .
BTW, price has gone up for some items since last Friday (MIB and X Men were both $9.95 then, they are $12.95 now).

Youssef

Stunt Coordinator
i placed my ordered on the 8th and it still says "accepted" when i go to view my acct. what gives?

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
I guess no more great deals from them anymore.
It's cyclical. They set a price too low, demand is high, they raise the price, demand slows, they raise it again. Also, it depends on how much "overstock" they have. I expect they raised their prices after a large volume of their titles sold out; they'll lower them again for quick sale when they get another huge shipment in.

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
For the people that received their orders already, was it sent media mail or UPS?? I just called customer service and they say it was shipped media mail and that DVDs can ONLY be shipped that way. Sounds like a load of crap to me but just wanted to find out others experience.

Marc

Scott H

Supporting Actor
I received my first order today. Die Hard is the Five Star Collection, as I expected.

However, DVDs arrived UPS in a very worn large padded envelope (worn through) and three of the four cases were damaged.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Haven't received yet (hoping they come today). But my on-line order status says they were sent UPS.

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
~ My order arrived today [3/18] via media mail/w delivery confirmation from Utah. All Dvd's are the correct editions and were packed very well in a gigantic box !
Twister: Special Limited Edition Collector Set
Chicken Run SE
Snow White Platinum
Cast Away SE 2 disc
I just had to repeat the titles to myself one more time , man what a deal this run was, thank you again for the tip !!
bodymov'n :cool:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Got mine today via UPS, packed well. Thought I had two rattlers out of five, but turns out it was just the sheer volume of advertising Disney sees fit to place in their animated release cases.

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
Got mine today:

Patch adams UE

Repo man Tin

Three kings

Being John Malcovich

Media mail and packaged quite well.

Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks