What's new

HUGE DVD SALE at overstock.com!!! (1 Viewer)

John M Miller

Stunt Coordinator
I called them up and they've got a new coupon of $10 off $60. It's not the $20 that others got, but it's not bad.

BTW, Spartacus: Criterion is only $15.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Remember not that long ago, this section was removed due to "lack of interest" ???? We are really getting some killer deals here.

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
They just added the Stanley Kubrick Collection.I wonder which version it is?The picture is of the old one but the description says 9 disc set.

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
The UPC is for the older version, not the remastered set from last year.
True,but look at the bottom where they compare prices with Amazon.The comparison is for the 9 disc set.I wonder since they state no returns on dvd's if they will let you return something they listed inproperly?Might be worth a try.

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
I was having problems with getting a secure checkout connection last night so I called them this morning and a very nice CS rep placed my order with the $20 off coupon , here's my grocery list;
Twister Limited Edition Collector's Box set
Chicken Run
Cast Away
Snow White
~ All for $54 shipped ! Not bad at all since Twister was $29.99 before discount, which is a edition I would of never paid for even at current dvdpricesearch prices, nice, thanx for the tip Patrick !
bodymov'n :cool:

Scott H

Supporting Actor
Patrick...

I believe that historically, while their descriptions vary in regards to accuracy, the image and the UPC have always matched. I always go by the picture and UPC on that site, nothing else.

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,by UPC are you referring to the model no. listed below the description?If so,it does not seem to match any other #'s listed on other sites.They seem to all have different #'s.

Scott H

Supporting Actor
Yes Patrick. The model number on their site is the actual UPC number for the DVD. You may use sites such as Half.com to cross reference it to confirm which edition a particular title is. In my experience the cover shown and the item/UPC number at Overstock.com always match, while the descriptions and prices vary.

I do not pay any attention to either the list price or the Amazon price that they reference because I am certain of some errors.

So, since that Kubrick box set picture is the older one and it lists the older set's UPC number, I am assuming that it is the older set. Of course, it is possible that it is the newer one. But, if it is that would be the first instance of the image and UPC being wrong that I am aware of.

Jon Torres

Second Unit
You can also use dvdempire.com to match up upc numbers. Although, if you look at the toy story 2 pack, the picture doesn't match dvdempire, but DOES match the upc number.

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
So is the Spartacus version the CC or the older Universal one?I ordered 2 and now you've got me a little worried.I also ordered Orgazmo and while I know there's a SE due out on 4/23 I couldn't help myself at that price.But I'm assuming this is the non regional code version which I think is odd for overstock.com to carry.

I have been visiting this site for awhile and I have never seen them carry more than 20-30 titles at a time and their prices were mdiocre at best.Now,they currenly have 100+ DIVERSE titles at ridiculously low prices.Seems very strange,but I like it.Let's hope they honor everyone's order.

Calvin Cullen

Stunt Coordinator
Was going to hold off on this deal, but Criterion Spartacus pushed me over the edge (can't get it through Columbia House). Also picked up Chicken Run, Repo Man, Cast Away and Unbreakable for a little over $10 apiece.

Dave N.

Stunt Coordinator
Spatacus is gone:frowning:. Any chance that it will re-appear? Is it worth having them email me or is this an attempt to build a spam list?
Dave

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Spatacus is gone. Any chance that it will re-appear?
Actually, it DID reappear briefly Saturday afternoon. Earlier in the day it was gone and the threads at DVDTalk were saying it was dead. But then I saw it there again later with "Almost Gone." I put one in my cart but before I could complete checking out (made the mistake of trying to add something else) it disappeared again.

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
I called customer service and they are still giving the 10$ off on orders over 60$ and I also got free shipping! So I ordered the 2 disc toy story, unbreakable, total recall, cheech & chong still smoking and nice dreams for 54.95...sounds good to me...thanks for the heads up!!!

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone get a shipping confirmation on their dvd's yet?I ordered the Clint Eastwood box set on 3-7-02 and it still hasn't shipped yet even though it was in stock.I'm geting a little worried since this place screwed me out of The Blues Brothers CE for $7.99 awhile back and they said it was a mistake and I never got them.

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
I got the order confermation that day I ordered the DVD's ...they did send me another e mail a day later telling me that ther were in fact out of one of the DVD's I ordered (unbreakable)...I would call them.

Rohini

Grip
I ordered 6 DVDs on March 08, 10.00 AM. Used $20.00 coupon also. I got the order acceptance (confirmation) with in a few hours. Now my account shows that the order had been shipped on March 11. If their update is correct, I'll be receiving the shipment in one or two days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks